Places to watch

ihavenoname

12 minutes ago, ihavenoname said:

So I'm looking for good places to watch games Saturdays when we're off or away. I usually go to Eastside but it's so hard to actually watch a game there. Does anyone here know of a good place to watch games here?

We've had watch parties at Killarney's in Allen last season - good turn-out for Mean Green Nation!

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, ihavenoname said:

So I'm looking for good places to watch games Saturdays when we're off or away. I usually go to Eastside but it's so hard to actually watch a game there. Does anyone here know of a good place to watch games here?

2 hours ago, Philip Ferguson said:

We've had watch parties at Killarney's in Allen last season - good turn-out for Mean Green Nation!

The guy that owns Killarney’s Live also owns Lion and Crown on the square in Denton (and Addison and Allen).  He said he’d love to host UNT Watching Parties there if someone up Denton way wants to help organize.  If anyone is interested in organizing something there, message me and I’ll let you know what we normally do at Killarney’s Live in Fairview. 

• Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 1

5 hours ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

The guy that owns Killarney’s Live also owns Lion and Crown on the square in Denton (and Addison and Allen).  He said he’d love to host UNT Watching Parties there if someone up Denton way wants to help organize.  If anyone is interested in organizing something there, message me and I’ll let you know what we normally do at Killarney’s Live in Fairview. 

I'd be up for that if someone else is willing to do all the work 😂

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

I walk by it a lot and have yet to go in but it looks like it would be a good place to watch a game especially if multiple TVs were on the unt game and it had audio. East side is fun but you have to stand the entire time if you want to be inside.

6 hours ago, northtexassigep said:

I walk by it a lot and have yet to go in but it looks like it would be a good place to watch a game especially if multiple TVs were on the unt game and it had audio. East side is fun but you have to stand the entire time if you want to be inside.

Nice thing about Killarney’s in Fairview is that they have an A/V system that allows me to stream the streamed games through my laptop to all the TVs and the projector.   At Lion and Crown in Allen, I’m told I would only be able stream to one TV.   Not sure about the Denton or Addison  locations.

Doing a little contingency planning.  Anyone know of a bar or restaurant in Collin County owned by an alum that would be a good spot for watching parties?   They’d need to have good WiFi and a method for hooking up a laptop to either multiple TVs or a large central TV that could be viewed by all attendees.   They’d also need to allow us to have game audio throughout the viewing area. 

Thoughts?

8 minutes ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

Doing a little contingency planning.  Anyone know of a bar or restaurant in Collin County owned by an alum that would be a good spot for watching parties?   They’d need to have good WiFi and a method for hooking up a laptop to either multiple TVs or a large central TV that could be viewed by all attendees.   They’d also need to allow us to have game audio throughout the viewing area. 

Thoughts?

Didn't Fuzzy host us once last year?  I thought it was a good venue.

5 hours ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

Thoughts?

Did we get the boot? The bartenders at Killarneys want us back and they didn’t understand why the new general manager is promoting OU so hard.

On 8/29/2019 at 8:13 PM, Big Z said:

Did we get the boot? The bartenders at Killarneys want us back and they didn’t understand why the new general manager is promoting OU so hard.

Well, the Collin County Watching Party for the Cal game will NOT be at Killarney’s, but it has nothing to do with OU.   The Cal game will be on the PAC-12 BAY AREA channel.  Killarney’s only has DirecTV and while I was there earlier today, we discovered (through channel surfing and Googling) that DirecTV doesn’t have a deal with the PAC-12 network, so no one can get that game through DirecTV.

I have a backup plan with a different place that has Spectrum cable.  I need to confirm.   More to come.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

Well, the Collin County Watching Party for the Cal game will NOT be at Killarney’s, but it has nothing to do with OU.   The Cal game will be on the PAC-12 BAY AREA channel.  Killarney’s only has DirecTV and while I was there earlier today, we discovered (through channel surfing and Googling) that DirecTV doesn’t have a deal with the PAC-12 network, so no one can get that game through DirecTV.

I have a backup plan with a different place that has Spectrum cable.  I need to confirm.   More to come.  

I think Fuzzy Tacos will be too small for the California game. 

• Skeptical Eagle 1

5 hours ago, Big Z said:

I think Fuzzy Tacos will be too small for the California game. 

Well, places that meet our requirements are slim.  Fuzzy’s in Allen does get the channel and they do support us.  I went in there tonight and they have a Dos Equis sign hanging that says:

THE ONLY BEER THAT PUTS THE “GREEN” IN “MEAN GREEN”

GAME DAY WATCH PARTY HEADQUARTERS

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1

Well, places that meet our requirements are slim.  Fuzzy’s in Allen does get the channel and they do support us.  I went in there tonight and they have a Dos Equis sign hanging that says:

I’m personally ok with Fuzzy’s and always liked their breakfast burritos. But if we have a crowd like the Arkansas game, we will be packed in like sardine cans. 

heart GIF by homes4u

• Upvote 1