CUSA win totals - Vegas

TheColonyEagle

Funny tweet....

But it points to a catch 22 with CUSA. The parity (or parody) is fun to watch in conference. However, it will keep the conference out of the NY6 conversation...

What's better for CUSA? A deep conference? Or a top heavy one that puts the champ in the national spotlight?

The same argument is being made about the Big 12 vs the SEC and getting in the playoff. The SEC is top heavy where the Big 12 is deep. It will probably keep the Big 12 champ out of the playoff this year...

What say you?

Edited by TheColonyEagle
  • Upvote 3

On 8/22/2019 at 9:46 AM, TheColonyEagle said:
The same argument is being made about the Big 12 vs the SEC and getting in the playoff. The SEC is top heavy where the Big 12 is deep. It will probably keep the Big 12 champ out of the playoff this year...

By deep do you mean Oklahoma followed by a bunch of average to below average teams? I mean I guess 3 top 25 teams in the Big 12 is better than the 6 top 25 SEC teams? Name 1 school not named Texas or Oklahoma that would finish 5th or better in the SEC West. Any SEC West school not named Arkansas or Ole Miss would instantly be at worst the 3rd best team in the big 12. The Big 12 isn’t deep, The big 12 is a bunch of average teams beating each other.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cr1028 said:

By deep do you mean Oklahoma followed by a bunch of average to below average teams? I mean I guess 3 top 25 teams in the Big 12 is better than the 6 top 25 SEC teams? Name 1 school not named Texas or Oklahoma that would finish 5th or better in the SEC West. Any SEC West school not named Arkansas or Ole Miss would instantly be at worst the 3rd best team in the big 12. The Big 12 isn’t deep, The big 12 is a bunch of average teams beating each other.

I'm just going off what I'm reading and hearing.

Baylor and Iowa St are getting some love and are expected to make some noise. TCU is kind of a wild card. The Big 12 champ could have 2-3 losses was my point. It's interesting...when that happens in the big 12 it's because they suck. When that happens in the SEC it's because they're good.

I think the SEC is overrated. Everyone talks about the great Defenses but never considers the bad offenses. 

Big 12 went 3-1 against the SEC last year in the bowls. I mean I guess the SEC is still much better? Don't know how else to compare them.

4 hours ago, TheColonyEagle said:

I'm just going off what I'm reading and hearing.

Baylor and Iowa St are getting some love and are expected to make some noise. TCU is kind of a wild card. The Big 12 champ could have 2-3 losses was my point. It's interesting...when that happens in the big 12 it's because they suck. When that happens in the SEC it's because they're good.

I think the SEC is overrated. Everyone talks about the great Defenses but never considers the bad offenses. 

Big 12 went 3-1 against the SEC last year in the bowls. I mean I guess the SEC is still much better? Don't know how else to compare them.

We will get a good indication on September 7 when the 3rd or 4th best team in the SEC takes on the 2nd best big 12 team.