Who is going to Berkeley?

kingwoodgreen

I made my reservations. So trip is set. I usually like good seats but may enjoy our section best wherever they have us. Sure their will be a tailgate. But regardless should be try and pregame at a close by local bar. I am interested in the patio at a few places. The one at the Graduate hotel has been recommend. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, jtm0097 said:

I will be there.

Giants Game Friday Night

Alcatraz early on Saturday morning

Hauling ass to Berkeley for the 1:15 kickoff

No plans on Sunday 

get your alcatraz tickets now!  place sold out when family was out there this past summer

We're planning on driving up Friday morning from Los Angeles - probably get there late afternoon.  Staying at a Best Western about half an hour away from campus. 

Friday night we'll probably check out the campus and meet up with one of my WWI historian friends that lives in the area.  Will probably do the John Muir Historic site Sunday morning/early afternoon before driving back to LA.

Hope to see other folks in green on Saturday.  This is the first football game in my part of the country since Arizona in 2002.

• Upvote 1

Me and 6 others are making the trip.

Plans are not final but it is starting to look like

Wednesday - Really undecided I arrive mid day and am thinking one of two options.

1. Arrive and head down to Monterrey for Dinner (went to language school there in the Army) head down to Carmel for a pub crawl. Get a hotel there.  Drive up US-1 (PCH) to SF the next morning.
  2. Get a hotel in Sonoma and drink copious amounts of wine.  Main drawback is it is a bunch of dudes...

Thursday - Muir Woods and/or Point Reyes National Seashore. (This is the one healthy day) Hotel near Fisherman's Wharf.

Friday - Do the tourist crap that is San Francisco.  Take in a Giants Game.  Punish Liver for bad behavior.

Saturday - Put some black tape over my check liver light and head out to tailgate and watch the Mean Green whoop up on some Bears. After the game troll the Berkeley residents!

Sunday - try to remember how I got back to the hotel, eat a greasy meal and drink water (for the first time in the week)  Head to the airport for my way too early flight.

• Upvote 3
  • Ray 1

2 hours ago, jtm0097 said:

Yes sir, we bought tickets a few weeks ago. I am looking forward to the trip.

Very cool tour.  Rent the audio.  It adds to the tour.

Muir Woods is another great place to visit.

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Thanks 1