UH getting sued over Holgorsen hire

TheColonyEagle

Applewhite was fired on Dec. 31 and Holgorsen hired Jan. 2, which the suit says runs afoul Texas Labor Code 21, which requires all state jobs be posted publicly for at least two weeks. 

Everyone knows the rules.....it's not hard to go through the motions. Pretty dumb on UH's part. Easily could've been avoided.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, RiseUNT said:

Looks like they broke the rules and should be held accountable.

Yeah but it's hard to take serious this claim because of the misspellings and claiming he himself was "clearly" a better candidate.  If UH needs to receive a slap then ok but this knuckle head deserves nothing. 

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, NorthTexan95 said:

Yeah but it's hard to take serious this claim because of the misspellings and claiming he himself was "clearly" a better candidate.  If UH needs to receive a slap then ok but this knuckle head deserves nothing. 

Well that's for a judge to decide.

53 minutes ago, NorthTexan95 said:

This is a ridiculous lawsuit from someone wanting money and/or attention.  His reason for claiming he's a better candidate is because he has 30+ years of coaching experience. But no one has found a record of him coaching at the pro, college (all divisions), or high school level.  Has he coached YMCA flag football? 

His claim is that UH did not post 3 days so he didnt get a chance to apply.  UT fired their coach and announced their new hire same day. Should be suing the deep pocket school.  His 30+ years coaching is surely better than Herman's resume.

Claims that not posting 3 days discriminates against African American coaches. Not sure how that is racist.

BTW the 3 day rule is a lie.  That rule explains that IF you post a job, it has to be posted at least 3 days. It does not say a job has to be posted.

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

Let me get this straight?

•  Houston  got antsy and took action way to soon. Then, some smart or idiot (depending on how you look at it) guy is taking advantage of a Texas state law before it gets forgotten and slips through the crack
  • Houston should have trashed the applications after 2 weeks of waiting and the hired Holgerson to cover their legal butts. I'm sure Holgerson would know he was a no brainer coming out of WVU
  • Also, $20 million? Gah we live in a give me/sew happy world...

I can't wait to beat these clowns in September.. I never had any hate or negative opinions regarding Houston football. But that CK2 moron makes me despise that program and its University of Swamp ass team.  

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, NTXCoog said:

This is a ridiculous lawsuit from someone wanting money and/or attention.  His reason for claiming he's a better candidate is because he has 30+ years of coaching experience. But no one has found a record of him coaching at the pro, college (all divisions), or high school level.  Has he coached YMCA flag football? 

His claim is that UH did not post 3 days so he didnt get a chance to apply.  UT fired their coach and announced their new hire same day. Should be suing the deep pocket school.  His 30+ years coaching is surely better than Herman's resume.

Claims that not posting 3 days discriminates against African American coaches. Not sure how that is racist.

BTW the 3 day rule is a lie.  That rule explains that IF you post a job, it has to be posted at least 3 days. It does not say a job has to be posted.

just curious about this....not a lawyer...just a drinker...do you have a link to a law journal or state law that will verify what you say about the 3 day rule?  i really have no idea where to start about searching for it on my own

not dissing you, but, hell, i want to read some boring law shit while drinking tonight

Edited by THOR
  • Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1

How can you guys not love CK2? His very existence proves how far we've come as a program that we get trolls from other schools who see us as a threat. Every rodeo needs it's clown and I for one am enjoying our ride!

His antics are a much needed laugh during my work day, and I look forward to his next ramble for that much needed break.Don't disappoint me good sir! 

• Lovely Take 1
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 3