Efforts to counter-act "Mother F'in Eagles"

1 hour ago, northtexassigep said:

I yelled it on the student side when I was in school and if you’re not listening for it you don’t know what they’re saying. I don’t use it on the home side precisely bc of kids but complaining about it every year is pointless. I’d rather the whole stadium including the kids yell mother F’in eagles than “really awesome” eagles. Go ahead and kick us back to the sun belt if we go that route. 

That's a whole lot of no xbox for a week and soap in the mouth. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, northtexassigep said:

Go ahead and kick us back to the sun belt if we go that route. 

Yep, because what the crowd yells determines where they end up.  Mother F'ing gets leads you up the ladder while something that doesn't include derogatory terms leads you back down.  Got it.

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 3
  • Downvote 2

49 minutes ago, meangreenthirteen said:

Won't somebody think of the children?! 

I know this will fall on deaf ears, but why is it acceptable to yell mother fu$!# in public at a college football game but nowhere else?

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Eye Roll 3
  • Downvote 3

2 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

I know this will fall on deaf ears, but why is it acceptable to yell mother fu$!# in public at a college football game but nowhere else?

We are old, Lifer...it’s what you know are when cussing out loud bothers you. Trust me, I agree with you so much that it MF’n hurts. 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Yep, because what the crowd yells determines where they end up.  Mother F'ing gets leads you up the ladder while something that doesn't include derogatory terms leads you back down.  Got it.

Idk man, I've been in Death Valley hearing some 15k students yell about fellating a Tiger so who knows?

• Upvote 6
  • Eye Roll 1

54 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Something about it being a bloodsport for our entertainment or something, I'm not sure. I don't disagree with the time and place argument, but it's sorta silly if we zoom out and remember the whole culture surrounding football (or brutal contact sports in general). I played ice hockey all my life and I can tell you that I never had a coach that wasn't cursing like a sailor, and that's a sport known for its class and respect despite that fact.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 1

6 hours ago, Travis said:

I have never been a fan.... and I am kind of a sailor (if you know what I mean)....

Yes, thats right. I am full of STD's.  

So you're Selfless Tough, and Disciplined... you should see coach Littrell about that!

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

A coach cussing you is one thing.  Lord knows I've had my share of butt chewings by many a coach.  My problems with this stupid chant are the following:

1.  It is disrespectful towards our university.

2.  It is yelling MF'er at the top of their lungs during our fight song.  It is easy to tell what is being said from across Apogee.

3.  My youngest looking up and clarifying what he heard and then asking why they would say that about their school.

4.  It is classless.  Don't compare us to LSU.  Their fans are the worst in college football and nothing to aspire to be.

5.  We are North Texas and we are better than that.

I completely agree with all of the above. My dad and I (both Alumni) cannot figure out for the life of us why this continues to be acceptable. Sure, some said it back in my day as a student, but it was nowhere near as loud as it is now. And yes, you can definitely hear it from across Apogee. It just doesn't sound good. It might be funny to the students chanting it, but it sounds terrible hearing it - Maybe I take more pride in my Alma Mater nowadays and probably took it for granted as a student ... Cuss all you want, just not during our Fight Song. 🤷‍♀️ 

Just my opinion.

• Upvote 6
  • Ray 1
  • Eye Roll 3

15 minutes ago, Jessica M Hall said:

I completely agree with all of the above. My dad and I (both Alumni) cannot figure out for the life of us why this continues to be acceptable. Sure, some said it back in my day as a student, but it was nowhere near as loud as it is now. And yes, you can definitely hear it from across Apogee. It just doesn't sound good. It might be funny to the students chanting it, but it sounds terrible hearing it - Maybe I take more pride in my Alma Mater nowadays and probably took it for granted as a student ... Cuss all you want, just not during our Fight Song. 🤷‍♀️ 

Just my opinion.

Agreed except for the “cuss all you want” comment. As has already been mentioned, yelling out curse words in public is not the time nor the place.  It’s just common courtesy.

• Upvote 3
  • Ray 1

1 hour ago, Jessica M Hall said:

Just my opinion.

Thank you.  You and a few others have restored my faith in our fans.

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1

19 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Or have some class and understand there are also kids at the games.  So tired of this discussion every year and why people think this is acceptable.

I've seen those kids' parents. they hear worse at home. 

• Lovely Take 1
  • Haha 2
  • Eye Roll 2