Anyone coming to the USM game?

DanceTeacher

Yes.

Flying into PIB Saturday on the AA flight. I found out there isn't a single rental car agency at the airport. It appears there may be a single Uber floating around the area for us to catch.  Not sure if there's taxis or a shuttle to town.

Probably should have flown into Gulfport or New Orleans, but we were trying to minimize the driving.  The lady is being extra patient in my quest to see every game this year, home and away (no Killarney's for me!).  Hoping to drop the bags at Hampton Inn quickly and head to the stadium.

Looking forward to the game!

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, Pavlovs Eagle said:

Yes.

Flying into PIB Saturday on the AA flight. I found out there isn't a single rental car agency at the airport. It appears there may be a single Uber floating around the area for us to catch.  Not sure if there's taxis or a shuttle to town.

Probably should have flown into Gulfport or New Orleans, but we were trying to minimize the driving.  The lady is being extra patient in my quest to see every game this year, home and away (no Killarney's for me!).  Hoping to drop the bags at Hampton Inn quickly and head to the stadium.

The team is flying and staying in Jackson.

On 8/21/2019 at 12:14 AM, Pavlovs Eagle said:

Yes.

Yeah, PIB is not convenient. It’s about 10-11 miles to the HI, then you have about 2 miles to the stadium. There are some shuttles you can reserve a seat on. I imagine they fill up on game days. Getting from the HI to the stadium should be easy. Just tell the FD clerk (in a loud voice) you need a way to get to the stadium and someone will offer you a ride.

Edit:  I may be mistaken, but I think the Locust Grove contingent stayed at the Hampton 2 years ago. You might run into them. Good folks...

Edited by DanceTeacher

On 8/21/2019 at 8:56 AM, RBP79 said:

Takin the travel trailer to Mississippi for about week with the SMiss game the focal point.

Paul B Johnson state park has a nice lake with some excellent trailer sites.  It’s about 15 miles south of the ‘Burg, but it’s a straight shot up Hwy 49 to the stadium. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, DanceTeacher said:

Paul B Johnson state park has a nice lake with some excellent trailer sites.  It’s about 15 miles south of the ‘Burg, but it’s a straight shot up Hwy 49 to the stadium. 

That's one of the parks we're staying at!