DRC: It's time for the annual "Get Your Rear on the Record" contest

Brett Vito

12-2

ACU - W: Should be put away by halftime.
@SMU - W: Should be a much better game than last year's slaughter, but NT is still too much.
@Cal - L: I think the travel and whatnot combined with their defense (impressively shut down the Pirate last year) will do us in.
UTSA - W: They're not very good.
Houston - W: Apogee advantage helps the team pull off a close one.  NT & Mason start getting more national attention & the 'Littrell is leaving' fire starts up again.
@SoMiss - W: It's going to be close because the team will still be on a high from the Houston win & all of the chatter.  But I think they learned their lessons from last year & will remained focused enough to get this win.
MT - W: They're going to have a tough year without Stockstill, and this game will bury them.
@Charlotte - W: This is a game similar to last year's ODU game.  The team will remain awake for all 60 minutes this time & win going away.
UTEP - W: This is a bad team.  We cannot lose, and it's not going to be as close as last year's weird close one.
@LATech - W: Both teams come into this game looking to take the reigns on the West division.  LATech will have 1 conference loss already (either FIU or USM) & play with too much urgency.  Close, hard fought win.
@Rice - W: Still rebuilding under Bloomgren.  
UAB - W: Coach Clark, although an awesome coach, will see his team crash back down to Earth this year.  It will still be competitive, but NT Wins.

Conference USA Championship Game @ Apogee Stadium - W: A sold out Apogee advantage helps NT beat FIU in a great game.

Bowl Game - Not sure where it's gonna be, but with NT being 12-1, C-USA champs, and getting votes (probably ranked),  I don't think we get the NY6 spot, but ESPN is going to shuffle some bowl games around like they always do, & grab NT to put them against a solid P5 squad in a bigger bowl game.  Probably taking one of the many SEC spots that someone is not going to make... Something like the Texas Bowl VS Oklahoma St. or Iowa St.  The stage will be too big, and the guys won't be able to handle the national love, in which many will pick them as a "sleeper"  I'm afraid we lose this one in a squeaker.
**Silver lining in losing the Bowl game: Littrell returns!  If we win, he's gone.**

• Upvote 5
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

12-2

ACU - W: Should be put away by halftime.
@SMU - W: Should be a much better game than last year's slaughter, but NT is still too much.
@Cal - L: I think the travel and whatnot combined with their defense (impressively shut down the Pirate last year) will do us in.
UTSA - W: They're not very good.
Houston - W: Apogee advantage helps the team pull off a close one.  NT & Mason start getting more national attention & the 'Littrell is leaving' fire starts up again.
@SoMiss - W: It's going to be close because the team will still be on a high from the Houston win & all of the chatter.  But I think they learned their lessons from last year & will remained focused enough to get this win.
MT - W: They're going to have a tough year without Stockstill, and this game will bury them.
@Charlotte - W: This is a game similar to last year's ODU game.  The team will remain awake for all 60 minutes this time & win going away.
UTEP - W: This is a bad team.  We cannot lose, and it's not going to be as close as last year's weird close one.
@LATech - W: Both teams come into this game looking to take the reigns on the West division.  LATech will have 1 conference loss already (either FIU or USM) & play with too much urgency.  Close, hard fought win.
@Rice - W: Still rebuilding under Bloomgren.  
UAB - W: Coach Clark, although an awesome coach, will see his team crash back down to Earth this year.  It will still be competitive, but NT Wins.

Conference USA Championship Game @ Apogee Stadium - W: A sold out Apogee advantage helps NT beat FIU in a great game.

Bowl Game - Not sure where it's gonna be, but with NT being 12-1, C-USA champs, and getting votes (probably ranked),  I don't think we get the NY6 spot, but ESPN is going to shuffle some bowl games around like they always do, & grab NT to put them against a solid P5 squad in a bigger bowl game.  Probably taking one of the many SEC spots that someone is not going to make... Something like the Texas Bowl VS Oklahoma St. or Iowa St.  The stage will be too big, and the guys won't be able to handle the national love, in which many will pick them as a "sleeper"  I'm afraid we lose this one in a squeaker.
**Silver lining in losing the Bowl game: Littrell returns!  If we win, he's gone.**

If UNT goes 12-1, Littrell will already be signed on somewhere by the time we play the bowl game.

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 3
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

8-4 Regular Season (but win west with tiebreaker)

Win Conference Championship

Win Bowl Game

10-4 finish overall.

I think the the team struggles a bit early on before finding their groove and rolling later in the season.  Mason misses 1 game early on, but finishes on a tear including the championship and bowl game.

I submitted 11-3 even though I see the potential for 13-1. Houston at UNT represent the best of the "Other 5" conference members in Texas. I think NT is better than Cal, but that could be a tough road game. I think 10-2 regular season, with 12-0 potential. I assume 1-1 post season because regular season success will put us against a strong bowl opponent. 

• Upvote 2

How big a difference can a CUSA title game victory make in the bowl selection process,, vs. being in the game but losing? It’ll be interesting.

I think even with all the unknowns, based on what I’m reading about Reeder, we will still win at least 9.  But I can’t make the leap (yet) to an undefeated season.

I’ll take 11 victories , Trebek.

• Upvote 1