Saturday scrimmage notes

MeanGreenTexan

https://meangreensports.com/news/2019/8/17/football-offense-bounces-back-in-second-scrimmage.aspx?fbclid=IwAR1Ko9vNjDlHUcwjaGsl8sUXnXmDMk-gt0wnTPciQLcV62HMN56qtMrqdzg

• The Mean Green kickers had a very good day, hitting on 8/9 field goal attempts, including a 4-4 effort from sophomore Ethan Mooney (Fort Worth), connecting from 41, 43, 45, 46.

giphy.gif

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1

Run of the Day: Redshirt sophomore running back Tre Siggers (Duncanville, Texas) continued to stand out, ripping off a 42-yard touchdown run, exploding through a hole and off to the races on a fourth and one play.

I've been seeing his name pop up pretty frequently as of late.  Between Siggers, Torrey, and Easly, we seem to be in good shape in the RB position.   Hopefully we can use them to help build some leads, and then kill the clock when needed.  It's going to be a fun year.  GMG!

1 hour ago, Felozano said:

Run of the Day: Redshirt sophomore running back Tre Siggers (Duncanville, Texas) continued to stand out, ripping off a 42-yard touchdown run, exploding through a hole and off to the races on a fourth and one play.

I've been seeing his name pop up pretty frequently as of late.  Between Siggers, Torrey, and Easly, we seem to be in good shape in the RB position.   Hopefully we can use them to help build some leads, and then kill the clock when needed.  It's going to be a fun year.  GMG!

How can that be the run of the day when this happend?

• Fine burst up the middle on a designed quarterback run for a huge 67-yard touchdown.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Felozano said:

I don’t want to go into “kill the clock” mode. That is what killed us last year. Keep the throttle on full and blow teams outs. I was at the ODU game...

• Upvote 6

26 minutes ago, chrisfisher said:

I'm not a fan of designed quarterback runs with Fine. Hopefully those are rarely used. 

It seems like Reeder is a bigger proponent of the read option based on what I've seen. Mason can move, and as long as he's safe, I don't mind a few keepers on those read options.

Buuuut QB draws/sweeps? Nah fam. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, MGNation92 said:

It seems like Reeder is a bigger proponent of the read option based on what I've seen. Mason can move, and as long as he's safe, I don't mind a few keepers on those read options.

Buuuut QB draws/sweeps? Nah fam. 

Harrell dialed up QB powers at the goalline on several occasions. Always made me shake my head in disbelief. He's our bellcow offensive player that gets the offense going and you run him between the tackles in a power scheme vs a bear front. Just, dumb. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1