PFF 2020 Preseason NFL Draft Guide - QBs

TheColonyEagle

I am really starting to hear more chatter nationally about Mason getting drafted. He has 2 things going for him besides his numbers: his accuracy (that has to be the most desired attribute for an NFL QB) and more importantly, the changing NFL. The 6'4" 220 lb Peyton Manning/Troy Aikman clones aren't a prerequisite to get drafted anymore.

There is a place in the NFL for Mason Fine.

• Upvote 5
  • Thanks 1

Not to be skeptical, but I think his numbers will dip this year based on the offensive scheme and newness of it.  Also, I've said it before, if Kyler struggles or gets hurt Mason will probably fall in the draft because of the size comparison and all.  I'm obviously hoping both of these dont happen though. 

Edited by Green Crazy
  • Upvote 2
  • Confused 1

23 hours ago, Green Crazy said:

Not to be skeptical, but I think his numbers will dip this year based on the offensive scheme and newness of it.  Also, I've said it before, if Kyler struggles or gets hurt Mason will probably fall in the draft because of the size comparison and all.  I'm obviously hoping both of these dont happen though. 

I was just going to say the same thing about KM’s success impacting QBs like Mason Fine. If KM lights it up, that will open the door for Mason and possibly a 1st day pick. 

On 8/17/2019 at 8:21 PM, Green Crazy said:

If  KM struggles and it's determined that it's because of his height, then it will hurt Mason. My perception of KM is that he was drafted because of his total package of passing and running. Mason will be drafted for his passing ability and his ability to avoid big hits by the pass rush. MF is not nearly as mobile as KM. To me, durability is the big issue.

• Upvote 1

https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/3-group-of-five-sleepers-for-the-2020-nfl-draft

The more I watch North Texas quarterback Mason Fine’s tape, the more I get excited about his projection to the next level. Keep in mind, Fine is only 5’11, 200 pounds, so he will be off most draft boards strictly because of size thresholds. However, he has a lot of the quarterback-specific traits you look for in a next-level prospect. Fine has a live arm and can uncork throws from every different angle with accuracy and velocity. His ball placement is fairly consistent across the board, whether in or outside the pocket, at all levels of the field......

Edited by TheColonyEagle
  • Upvote 2