UNTamed20 Midyear Commitment Update Part 1 (Offense)

• Harry featured this topic

Minor correction: Manase Mose redshirted his first year here. He is two years younger than Sosaia, who is a redshirt senior now. Sosaia started some games and played back-up to our previous center, whose name escapes me, who forfeited his last year of eligibility during Manase's true freshman season. 

Edit: the game one starter at center in 2017 was Creighton Barr from Flowermound Marcus HS.

Edited by MeanGreen13
  • Upvote 2
  • Thanks 2

Question for TheReal_jayD

In your comments on Dane Jackson you stated that the staff is hoping that he can replace the graduating Sosaia Mose.  My question is what position does Daizion Carroll play?  

I see his senior video and he was the starting center on Midway's state championship runnerup.  His blind snaps looked flawless and his running back had many carries up the middle behind his blocks (a number of them pancakes).  It would seem to me that he would be the #1 replacement candidate.  

However, I've also seen him listed as a guard or just offensive lineman.  He is about 3" taller and about 35 lbs. heavier than Jackson.  Are we considering him as a guard or center?

• Upvote 5

3 hours ago, GrayEagle said:

Question for TheReal_jayD

In your comments on Dane Jackson you stated that the staff is hoping that he can replace the graduating Sosaia Mose.  My question is what position does Daizion Carroll play?  

I see his senior video and he was the starting center on Midway's state championship runnerup.  His blind snaps looked flawless and his running back had many carries up the middle behind his blocks (a number of them pancakes).  It would seem to me that he would be the #1 replacement candidate.  

However, I've also seen him listed as a guard or just offensive lineman.  He is about 3" taller and about 35 lbs. heavier than Jackson.  Are we considering him as a guard or center?

Carroll was a mauler in HS.  Would love to see him step into the Center role next year!

EDIT:  Also, I think Manase redshirted year 1.

Edited by MeanGreenTexan
  • Upvote 2

I salivate thinking of how this recruiting could go if we were able to keep Littrell and the assistants in place for a few more years.  With the new IPF in place, the consistent winning seasons, plans for future expansion of the facilities the sky truly is the limit.  Would love to see us become a Boise, UCF type of G5/P5 Hybrid that competes for Cotton Fiesta or Peach bowl G5 slot every single year.

43 minutes ago, Harry said:

I salivate thinking of how this recruiting could go if we were able to keep Littrell and the assistants in place for a few more years.  With the new IPF in place, the consistent winning seasons, plans for future expansion of the facilities the sky truly is the limit.  Would love to see us become a Boise, UCF type of G5/P5 Hybrid that competes for Cotton Fiesta or Peach bowl G5 slot every single year.

Amen to that, "Why not North Texas"

Win Games!!!!!!!!!!

Beat aCu!!!

GO MEAN GREEN!!!

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1