DRC: UNT regents approve extension for McCasland

Brett Vito

13 hours ago, DeepGreen said:

I dunno.  Maybe I'm blinded by past head coaching blunders at UNT, but I think McCasland the guy we need.

sure he is a major step up from Benford, but the last 2 yrs his team collapsed in Conference Play, add in the last 2 yrs at AState and it is 4 yrs of 2nd half collapses. 

He has been great for UNT getting back up from the dumpster fire, but does not warrant an extension yet. 

• Upvote 5
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 4

2 hours ago, untbowler said:

sure he is a major step up from Benford, but the last 2 yrs his team collapsed in Conference Play, add in the last 2 yrs at AState and it is 4 yrs of 2nd half collapses. 

He has been great for UNT getting back up from the dumpster fire, but does not warrant an extension yet. 

Back-to-back 20 win season doesn't at least open the conversation? Also, last year's 20 win season was without the help of an extended post-season.

• Upvote 7
  • Confused 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

9 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Nevermind that other coaches are paying attention as well, and can see that NT is paying their coaches well & extending them constantly.   So in the event we do lose one or both of them, there will be plenty of quality coaches knocking on the door for an interview because they know NT will pay them!

Great post!!!!

• Upvote 1

An extension is ok, maybe even necessary  so other coaches cannot recruit against him and the coach has shown competnecy. I hope however that it is an extension at the same conditions and no raise, as he already earns as if he were competing for C-USA championship and NCAA berths every season and in fact is a level he has yet to prove he will reach.

Edited by outoftown
  • Upvote 1

21 hours ago, UNTFan23 said:

Back-to-back 20 win season doesn't at least open the conversation? Also, last year's 20 win season was without the help of an extended post-season.

It was with the help of many games against inferior opponents. Last year proved you can easily schedule 20 wins.

We need a fresh paradigm.

Edited by 97and03
  • Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/21/2019 at 8:35 AM, 97and03 said:

It was with the help of many games against inferior opponents. Last year proved you can easily schedule 20 wins.

We need a fresh paradigm.

Actually, you still have to win the games.

When talking about last year's record, Many like to point out the soft oc schedule, but not acknowledge or downplay how cripple this team was in most of conference play. 

With all the bad luck NT had last year, I wonder who you think could have done better in conference play?  

Edited by GrandGreen
  • Upvote 1