SMU adds ANOTHER grad transfer!

Harry

5 hours ago, TheColonyEagle said:

My expectation is Seth Littrell will beat SMU. Anything less should be considered a severe disappointment from this coaching staff. 

This is exactly what I’m saying. 

As far as the trenches go, and this is off the top of my head, but I would say this game has not exactly featured good quarterbacks recently and so it came down to other positions. You could make the case this is the best group of skill position players we’ve ever had in a game against SMU. Take that with a good coaching staff and yeah, I fully expect the green to win or I will be disappointed. 

• Upvote 5
  • Thanks 1

I don’t know about any of their 16 transfers other than Buechelle.  I’ve seen him play and he’s damn good.  Reads defenses well, quick footed, quick release.  What it may come down to is if he’s had enough time to gel with his receivers or not? 

What we have going for us is SMU cannot rely on last year’s tape and will have a limited time to study our new system.

I don’t just want to beat them at Ford,...I want to see a June Jones-style ass whipping there.  But that’s just me.

Rick

• Upvote 6

On 8/15/2019 at 2:17 PM, agw0038 said:

Generally speaking, i think grad transfer are a good thing. They can sure up some areas of weakness and possibly put you over the top. But 16 in one season is too many. It makes me think they're not very good. 

They are not all Grad Transfers, and most of the Grad Transfers they got have 2 years left. 

Do these transfers count only against the 85 FBS scholarship limit, or do they also count as the annual 25 signee limit?

In other words, would a school theoretically be able to sign only grad transfers, and lots of them, every year as long as the school stays at or below the 85 scholarship limit?

Edited by ADLER

32 minutes ago, ADLER said:

Do these transfers count only against the 85 FBS scholarship limit, or do they also count as the annual 25 signee limit?

In other words, would a school theoretically be able to sign only grad transfers, and lots of them, every year as long as the school stays at or below the 85 scholarship limit?

They count against both.

This needs to work out quickly for Dykes. He is building himself quite the scholarship hell for the two to three seasons down the road and if the results aren't really nice by then SMU will be a full on rebuild. Makes you wonder if he plans to be there long.

In any case, once the backend of this becomes problematic look for NT to be better than SMU for three to four seasons in a row. If NT also wins 2019 and 2020 before this even hits, then I don't think it is a given that the annual series would survive NT going 3 games in a row, especially if SMU also looks at their roster and only sees like 60 schollie players.

9 hours ago, TheColonyEagle said:

It seems like they could be a mess the first half of the year. As for our game. I think Ark St is going to beat them soundly. Their “fans” aren’t going to recover from getting beat by the “inferior” opponent. They for sure won’t show up for their home opener after that. 

If a tree falls in the woods and no one is around to hear it, ...

• Haha 1

Again, my 6’th sense tells me the NCAA Rules Committee will be making quota maximums on how many of these a school can have in one academic year.  If so, SMU may have set all that in motion, but no rules prevented their over-load for this year truth be told. 

GMG!  

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1