SMU adds ANOTHER grad transfer!

Harry

5 hours ago, RiseUNT said:

To depend on production from this many newcomers is ridiculous. To accept this many transfers shows what the coach thinks of his team. 

Absolutely.  And it shows he has no interest in building for the future--using 16 ships from a class on players that will all be gone before next season.

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Harry said:

Sorry guys but the UAB deal last year really burned my britches.  UAB had the deck stacked against us.  Was not fair.

Harry, I was about to say the same damn thing.  smut did a study on how UAB won last season, with older players.  Now smut has caught on, using the stupid NCAA transfer rules, stacking the player inventory with P5 talent.  At least on paper.

Edited by DeepGreen
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Harry said:

Sorry guys but the UAB deal last year really burned my britches.  UAB had the deck stacked against us.  Was not fair.

Like another poster said, they had years to train and practice together. This SMU team is a mix of random players who barely know each other and have barely practiced together. Will they be scary good by the end of the season? Probably. But when we play them they'll still be figuring out each of their roles and gaining chemistry. I'm not too worried. Now if 80% of these guys have 2 years to play then they'll be good next year. It's late to be bringing in transfers for this season.

• Upvote 3

I feel we are going to go to Dallas and pound them.  They will raise our profile by playing strong at the end of the year.

Show up in Green it’s going to be an awesome Victory on the Hilltop! 

GMG

• Upvote 6
  • Lovely Take 1

6 hours ago, meanrob said:

I understand the outcome isn’t that simple but give me those two advantages and I’d win the majority of the time. 

I’m not gonna put words in Rob’s mouth....but I think what he’s saying (and I 100% agree) is there is NO excuse for Seth Littrell to get beat by SMU this season. We’re a better team. We have a better QB. I fully expect a 4th year head coach to out coach another G5 team in the 2nd year of basically a rebuild. He has 16 grad transfers for crying outloud. What does that tell you? Meanwhile we’ve evidently been improving our recruiting every year, have a system in place and have the best QB in the state of TX. 

My expectation is Seth Littrell will beat SMU. Anything less should be considered a severe disappointment from this coaching staff. 

But I’m not worried. 

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, meanrob said:

I understand the outcome isn’t that simple but give me those two advantages and I’d win the majority of the time. 

Nope.  The history of the game suggests the people in the trenches are more important, and there’s just so many unknowns going down the SMU’s roster.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, TheColonyEagle said:

I’m not gonna put words in Rob’s mouth....but I think what he’s saying (and I 100% agree) is there is NO excuse for Seth Littrell to get beat by SMU this season. We’re a better team. We have a better QB. I fully expect a 4th year head coach to out coach another G5 team in the 2nd year of basically a rebuild. He has 16 grad transfers for crying outloud. What does that tell you? Meanwhile we’ve evidently been improving our recruiting every year, have a system in place and have the best QB in the state of TX. 

My expectation is Seth Littrell will beat SMU. Anything less should be considered a severe disappointment from this coaching staff. 

But I’m not worried. 

I agree with what you're saying, but that’s a huge leap from what Rob typed out.

• Upvote 2