2019 NCAA Division I College Football Team Previews: North Texas Mean Green

Pure garbage, but everyone can have an opinion.   

Despite the fact that NT returns more starters than any team in the conference except one.  USM returns one more from a team that NT has beaten three times in a row and relatively easy last year.

Yet, he cites lack of linebackers and two offensive linemen as reasons for concern.  I guess the other 5 teams he rates above NT that return less starters are just better coached.   

Not to mention that NT returns more all conference performers and has more pre-season picks than other team.  He did mention Fine is pretty good, but not good enough to get NT above seventh place in the conference. 

No one knows what 2019 will bring, but if you are going to rank teams at least have some iota of logic in your analysis. 

• Upvote 5

This may explain some things...I doubt the dude has ever been to Texas much less seen the Mean Green play?

Originally from LaMoure, North Dakota, Kent is a 1996 graduate of North Dakota State University.  His prior writing experience is over 15 years having previously worked with D2football.com, I-AA.org, and College Sporting News before coming to College Sports Journal in 2016.  His main focus is college football in the western half of the United States– the Big Sky Conference and Missouri Valley Football Conference within the Division I FCS.  And in 2017, he began also to look at the FBS Group of Five conferences of the American Athletic, Conference USA, Mid-American, Mountain West, and Sun Belt.

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 2

9 hours ago, meangreenlax said:

This is clearly just some schmoe's word press site. Don't expect groundbreaking sports journalism or enlightened takes.

Yeah I thought the same... 

Real question here... Do some folks on this board just google "UNT Football" and see what articles spit out?  Just wondering how someone stumbled across this...

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1

10 hours ago, MrStrange18 said:

Yeah I thought the same... 

Real question here... Do some folks on this board just google "UNT Football" and see what articles spit out?  Just wondering how someone stumbled across this...

Seems like it... I don't know if its boredom or if its just a way to create posts to get upvotes

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1

A sportswriter with NDSU ties may not want to give a Texas university like UNT (who undoubtedly gets more national attention than his alma mater) any love.  Some in the Southwest not too excited about the extra attention we’ve been getting lately, either.  Doesn’t take too many psychology courses on your transcript to observe this.

Just keep winning. 

GMG!

• Upvote 1