• Welcome to GoMeanGreen.com!

Thank you for visiting us!  Registering is easy and free, and provides you with the ability to participate in the discussions along with many cool features and content.

PlummMeanGreen

For 8/31 “White Out” Season Opener—Where In DFW Can One Buy White MG Shirts?

Of course, Academy’s in my part of the Metroplex haven’t discovered the joy of being Mean Green or understanding that 250,000 North Texas Exes in northern Texas some might call quite a large demographic.   

Where in Denton-Lewisville & other parts of the Metroplex can a fan get a “White Out” Mean Green shirt for the ACU game?

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

Of course, Academy’s in my part of the Metroplex haven’t discovered the joy of being Mean Green or understanding that 250,000 North Texas Exes in northern Texas some might call quite a large demographic.   

Where in Denton-Lewisville & other parts of the Metroplex can a fan get a “White Out” Mean Green shirt for the ACU game?

GMG!

https://unt.bncollege.com/shop/unt/product/nike-varsity-polo-400000210720?graphicId=E000350UNNT10A&categoryId=40385&parentCatId=40360&topCatId=40000&imageId=1453409

The Throwback White NT Polo....Thats what I will be rocking

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

GMG!

1981D510-3C36-4A7A-9A13-F23A9591BA3F.jpeg

FA055CC8-3328-4FC6-8C26-001BEBBD1F8B.jpeg

• Upvote 2

I bought an "official" white out shirt at the Mean Green Mania event through the BN setup they had.  I am sure if you give them a call they will gladly sell you one over the phone and ship it to you

As others said.. Rally House. Usually a good spot for people who are not in Denton to get apparel all around the metroplex. You can also try "Fans United" by the Dallas Cowboy's practice facility, if you're in Frisco. I went there last weekend and the guy saw my UNT shirt and pointed me to their UNT section. Not as big as the TCU or OU section, but there is some stuff. 

JC Penny at the Golden Triangle has different color UNT apparel

Wal Mart in Denton Rayzer Ranch has a pretty darn good selection 

Rally House can get expensive, but your best bet to find apparel outside of Denton. I see white UNT shirts at the Denton Krogers as well.   

Voertman's has a good selection and you can order online.  The Wal-Mart at 380/35 usually has a good UNT selection, too, this time of year.  The Rally House by the Galleria has a great UNT shop inside.   

Got mine online at Fanatics. Beware though that they use that stupid FedEx Smartpost so your package may not make for it gameday (short of upgrading) at this point. Mine sat in Houston for almost 2 weeks going from facility to facility. That's happened the last 3-4 times ive ordered from them.

Gave out some free shirts at a basketball game last season:  white with the flying worm in green on the front. That’s what I’ll be wearing. 

GMG!

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, FirefightnRick said:

Can’t we just do a green out instead?

Rick

I think it’s coming.  I think they’ll be doing several this year, hopefully of different colors.  

There was no date on the official white-out shirt. So that leads me to believe they’ll be doing this again. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Moobs said:

I think it’s coming.  I think they’ll be doing several this year, hopefully of different colors.  

There was no date on the official white-out shirt. So that leads me to believe they’ll be doing this again. 

I hope it's a well attended game and I hope people realize it's a white out.  It'd be kind of crappy if despite the media efforts, people still don't show up wearing white.  We're going shopping this weekend for our clan.  Five new shirts!!!

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Felozano said:

I hope it's a well attended game and I hope people realize it's a white out.  It'd be kind of crappy if despite the media efforts, people still don't show up wearing white.  We're going shopping this weekend for our clan.  Five new shirts!!!

My wife is a TCU alumnus so we go to the occasional game over there. They have a theme for every section and put it out there. It’s usually printed on the back of their tickets. People still miss the memo. Some people will always miss the memo. So this being our first time, I’ll be happy with 50% of the stands in white. 

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, Moobs said:

My wife is a TCU alumnus so we go to the occasional game over there. They have a theme for every section and put it out there. It’s usually printed on the back of their tickets. People still miss the memo. Some people will always miss the memo. So this being our first time, I’ll be happy with 50% of the stands in white. 

Ha!   They either miss the memo, or just don't care about the theme! 

A theme for every section?   I guess I never really paid attention to the stands.

50%?  I hope it's better than that.  We'll see.  GMG!

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, FirefightnRick said:

Can’t we just do a green out instead?

Rick

Yes, when it cools off later in the year.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

I got mine at the season ticket pick up day, 8/3, where they were selling surplus athletic gear. 

image.png.b08fce62e2b3d6044217ea560a23571d.png

Edited by MattyV
  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1

On 8/14/2019 at 8:47 PM, Felozano said:

A theme for every section?   I guess I never really paid attention to the stands.

Yeah. Some schools that promote this will try alternating colors on each section. Looks pretty cool when it’s done by most. 

• Upvote 1