TX Tech SB Nation: UNT doesn't make the cut for Texas Top 7 Rankings

untjax14

42 minutes ago, untjax14 said:

According to this clown, UNT lacks "Razzle Dazzle" to qualify for their Texas Top 7 Rankings.

Yet, SMU makes the list......

https://www.vivathematadors.com/2019/8/13/20802170/preseason-texas-rankings-ttu-football-big12-ncaa

Lol, Texas Tech has always had a deluded sense of place when it comes to sports in Texas. I would never trust anything written by a publication that is related to Tech

• Upvote 3

9E6F1FE2-CD01-42F4-A7BB-5932D00EB4A3.jpeg.b3eaedfb0b0c2764bae19d969b1dbb80.jpegApologies to my Texas Tech friends to bring this up, but another alum reminded me the other day how Texas Tech has never  won (outright ) “ANY” football conference championship since 1960–their first year to compete in the SWC.😳.  That in either the (now defunct) Southwest Conference or the Big 12. They tied with several schools one year for 1’st place back in the SWC, but another school received the Cotton Bowl bid as I recall.

GMG!

• Their Final 4 appearance last year pretty impressive, though.

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, CK2 said:

You guys weren't a part of the SWC nor have ever been mentioned for the Big 12 by any major publication because y'all simply aren't good enough. Even in this minor ranking,. UNT isn't good enough. Truth hurts. 

UNT alum Dr. Phil McGraw would say you suffer from something mental, but for the life of me  I just don’t know which one of many possibilities that would be.  

We will let you put your money where your mouth👄 is for our game at Apogee, though.  Be there...Danno’’!CA1CE92D-B1C3-4EBA-ACF2-EC74769819B9.png.e8225363cfed26f90262c13f586a9465.png

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 5
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 4

UNT alum Dr. Phil McGraw would say you suffer from something mental, but for the life of me  I just don’t know which one of many possibilities that would be.  We will let you put your money where your mouth for a game at Apogee on September 28’th.  

I don't want CK2 to break his piggy bank.  Not many bookies take pennies anyways.      

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, untjax14 said:

According to this clown, UNT lacks "Razzle Dazzle" to qualify for their Texas Top 7 Rankings.

Yet, SMU makes the list......

https://www.vivathematadors.com/2019/8/13/20802170/preseason-texas-rankings-ttu-football-big12-ncaa

Tell that to Dave Campbell - jackass!

• Upvote 4

48 minutes ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

9E6F1FE2-CD01-42F4-A7BB-5932D00EB4A3.jpeg.b3eaedfb0b0c2764bae19d969b1dbb80.jpegApologies to my Texas Tech friends to bring this up, but another alum reminded me the other day how Texas Tech has never  won (outright ) “ANY” football conference championship since 1960–their first year to compete in the SWC.😳.  That in either the (now defunct) Southwest Conference or the Big 12. They tied with several schools one year for 1’st place back in the SWC.

GMG!

In another post I made, I showed that we have the same amount of team National Championships as them, a couple of which were cheerleading and rodeo national championships they claim. Other than basketball and baseball, their sports are hot garbage yet they try to put themselves at the same level as UT and A&M. Delusion at it's highest

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, CK2 said:

You guys weren't a part of the SWC nor have ever been mentioned for the Big 12 by any major publication because y'all simply aren't good enough. Even in this minor ranking,. UNT isn't good enough. Truth hurts. 

Except we're much better than SMU and based on preseason rankings on par with Houston.  There's no issue if someone thinks Houston is ahead of us but SMU?  There's no way to justify that. 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

2 hours ago, CK2 said:

Hey, is Holgorsen still chasing co-ed tail?

• Haha 1
  • Downvote 2

3 hours ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

9E6F1FE2-CD01-42F4-A7BB-5932D00EB4A3.jpeg.b3eaedfb0b0c2764bae19d969b1dbb80.jpegApologies to my Texas Tech friends to bring this up, but another alum reminded me the other day how Texas Tech has never  won (outright ) “ANY” football conference championship since 1960–their first year to compete in the SWC.😳.  That in either the (now defunct) Southwest Conference or the Big 12. They tied with several schools one year for 1’st place back in the SWC, but another school received the Cotton Bowl bid as I recall.

GMG!

The one time TT represented the SWC in the Cotton Bowl, aTm was champion but ineligible due to NCAA vioations.  There was a 5 way tie for 2nd and TT went winning the tiebreaker because they hadn't been to the Cotton Bowl in the longest time, because they had never been

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 2
  • Downvote 1

21 minutes ago, NTXCoog said:

The one time TT represented the SWC in the Cotton Bowl, aTm was champion but ineligible due to NCAA vioations.  There was a 5 way tie for 2nd and TT went winning the tiebreaker because they hadn't been to the Cotton Bowl in the longest time, because they had never been

Thanks for the update.👍

5 hours ago, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

In another post I made, I showed that we have the same amount of team National Championships as them, a couple of which were cheerleading and rodeo national championships they claim. Other than basketball and baseball, their sports are hot garbage yet they try to put themselves at the same level as UT and A&M. Delusion at it's highest

Dude, I hate Tech too, but they are on a huge roll in their athletic department. Men’s hoops lost the championship in OT, their baseball team was in the Final four of the College World Series, and their track and field just won the national championship on the spring. If anything, the other two Texas Power giants are making gazillions of dollars and accomplishing so very little for all that they spend and make. 

15 hours ago, CK2 said:

Remember when UH was a part of the SWC/big boys group?  Yes, that was a long time ago.  What happened?  How did the coogs sink to the same level as NT/UTEP/UTSA/LA Tech? That must be very aggravating.  I can find you a list of therapists in the houston area to help you deal with the bitterness.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

13 hours ago, CK2 said:

Don't know. If Im 40 something, rich and single then I would rather have a hot 20 something than a worn-out 40 year old woman whose best days are behind her.

Tell us how that works for  you in 30 years.

• Downvote 2