247 Updated Rankings

Uncle

32 minutes ago, RiseUNT said:

Renfro goes back down to 84? FSU is now at cool?

I certainly hope he's "cool" towards FSU!

20 minutes ago, Mean Green 93-98 said:

The skyrocketing in his rating when he went around to those P5 camps was to be expected... but I certainly didn't expect him to just drop off like that afterward!

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, GrandGreen said:

Shows why noone should take 247 ratings serious.   

247 has about a monopoly on recruiting rankings, but it does not mean they do it well.    

In fairness, it is the 24/7 composite rankings, which includes other recruiting services, where Kade's ranking dropped so dramatically.  If you click on the "Top247," they still have him ranked up at #752, a drop of only 3 places from his peak.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

He is actually rated an .8600 by 247, but his composite rating is .8403

6 minutes ago, Mean Green 93-98 said:

In fairness, it is the 24/7 composite rankings, which includes other recruiting services, where Kade's ranking dropped so dramatically.  If you click on the "Top247," they still have him ranked up at #752, a drop of only 3 places from his peak.

Good point, I apologize to 247.

Still wonder how ranking change so much without any games being played.   

Apparently Renfro's rankings went down because he didn't commit to another team.   Totally illogical.  

• Upvote 3

29 minutes ago, Mean Green 93-98 said:

leslie jones tamika GIF by Saturday Night Live

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

I certainly hope he's "cool" towards FSU!

The skyrocketing in his rating when he went around to those P5 camps was to be expected... but I certainly didn't expect him to just drop off like that afterward!

Who gives a flying flip.  The kid can BALL.  Let him be ranked low, let the big schools stay away.  Look what this staff did with a no offer undersized QB.... 

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, GMG24 said:

Who gives a flying flip.  The kid can BALL.  Let him be ranked low, let the big schools stay away.  Look what this staff did with a no offer undersized QB.... 

Oh, I absolutely agree!  Just commentary on the ratings systems.

”Oh!  He’s picking up a lot of P5 interest during these camps, better bump him up in our ratings!  He never got an offer, and he’s still committed to UNT?  Better bump him back down.”   Never mind that he’s still the same player.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

”Oh!  He’s picking up a lot of P5 interest during these camps, better bump him up in our ratings!  He never got an offer, and he’s still committed to UNT?  Better bump him back down.”   Never mind that he’s still the same player.

It's all part of the self-perpetuating cycle. 

"UCF beat a P5 school in the bowl game, but they could never compete for a full season in a P5 conference."  

How do you know? 

"Because P5 conferences are better top to bottom" 

How do you know? 

"Because they play P5 schools every week.  And they recruit at a higher level" 

How do you know? 

"Look at the rankings of the players they are bringing in" 

So, how do you know those rankings are legitimate?  How do you know these kids are more talented? 

"These kids have offers from all the P5 schools" 

Rinse...repeat...

• Thanks 1
  • Ray 4

On 8/14/2019 at 4:37 AM, MeanGreenTexan said:

Not sure how we would know if he got offers or not.  However, your theory is absolutely correct.  

• Upvote 1