Littrell and Reeder 247.com Article

UNTLifer

4 hours ago, greenminer said:

Since we’re talking about more risk, I wonder if Fine’s INTs will increase.

Probably especially early in the season since he is being asked to make new kinds of reads.

If his INTs go up to 7-10 but TDs exceed 35 are we ok with that? 

I remember reading another article about Reeder from Dave Cambell's site that made me feel good about this season.

"Additionally, runs won’t always come out of spread alignments. Instead of spacing the field side-to-side, Reeder will work with additional blockers in and around the line of scrimmage. Run-pass options, or RPOs as they’ve been dubbed, are a critical part of the game plan.

A season ago, North Texas struggled to put away games. All three regular season losses came after blowing double-digit leads, and the inability to get conversions on 3rd-and-short didn’t help. Reeder wants to rebuild the short-yardage game from scratch."

Thank God that we won't be running the FB from the Spread every time.  

• Upvote 1

Reeder was stepping into Littrell’s offensive world and finding ways to amplify aspects to his liking. Increased tempo, more explosive quarterback play, and more versatile sets are all ideas Littrell had in mind when entering the offseason, but he needed someone with specific expertise to help him revitalize the offense.

Sounds like Littrell may have been a little unhappy with Harrell's offense.  I am really curious to see how he pans out at USC.  

Back on topic, I think Reeder is the off-season "signing" that will have the greatest impact this year.  Really looking forward to watching this offense.

• Upvote 3

15 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Sounds like Littrell may have been a little unhappy with Harrell's offense.  I am really curious to see how he pans out at USC.  

Back on topic, I think Reeder is the off-season "signing" that will have the greatest impact this year.  Really looking forward to watching this offense.

Admittedly, I was also very frustrated with Harrell's offense last season. Seemed too vanilla at times. And you could almost always count on being stuffed on any short yardage situations. Reeder sounds creative and like he is ready to mix things up. I'm stoked about the potential for the offense this season 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

Admittedly, I was also very frustrated with Harrell's offense last season. Seemed too vanilla at times. And you could almost always count on being stuffed on any short yardage situations. Reeder sounds creative and like he is ready to mix things up. I'm stoked about the potential for the offense this season 

Harrell’s offense looks vanilla because it is.  The philosophy is mostly about execution, not creativity/flexibility.

Basically, vanilla by design.