2 Games

SigmaGreen

23 minutes ago, SigmaGreen said:

If you could only win 2 out of these 4 games, which would they be? This question was posed to me by one of my work colleagues. I chose SMU and UH,  but that meant we lost to ACU and that stung...I just would much rather beat SMU and UH.

ACU

SMU

Cal

UH

The first two, because we’re expected to.

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1

SMU sand UH are good choices.

SMU because of its impact locally, UH because of timing. A UH win would establish momentum and negate the sting of the ACU loss.

Also, King is likely the highest profile player we will face in that stretch. It could be really cool to see if the media elevates their perception of us and, more specifically, Fine with a Cougar win under our belts.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, greenminer said:

SMU because of its impact locally, UH because of timing. A UH win would establish momentum and negate the sting of the ACU loss.

Also, King is likely the highest profile player we will face in that stretch. It could be really cool to see if the media elevates their perception of us and, more specifically, Fine with a Cougar win under our belts.

Lose to ACU and a win against UH means nothing.  

It will be seen as either “they were looking ahead” or “UH obviously wasn’t that good...they lost to a team that couldn’t beat Abilene Christian”

• Upvote 4

4 hours ago, emmitt01 said:

Lose to ACU and a win against UH means nothing.  

It will be seen as either “they were looking ahead” or “UH obviously wasn’t that good...they lost to a team that couldn’t beat Abilene Christian”

Perhaps, but as the season plays out people will have more evidence to make judgement about who overlooked who.

Until then, we would have a game 4 win and, with it, the optimism (cautious or not) going into game 6.   Maybe people will consider that we just overlooked ACU.

In reality, if we beat UH we’re probably not losers to ACU.  So, I’m grateful this probably doesn’t happen. 

Edited by greenminer
  • Upvote 1

15 hours ago, greenminer said:

Yeah and with ACU being the first game of the season, that loss would be easier to explain away. 

It would also require details as to how the losses occurred.  A windy/rainy loss to ACU and/or with MF hurt or some crazy plays, etc. along with a last minute loss to Cal and 20+ pt wins over Smut/UHCoots wouldn't be too bad of a way to start 2-2.

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, SigmaGreen said:

If you could only win 2 out of these 4 games, which would they be? This question was posed to me by one of my work colleagues. I chose SMU and UH,  but that meant we lost to ACU and that stung...I just would much rather beat SMU and UH.

ACU

SMU

Cal

UH

deciding no se GIF

• Haha 1