Cable to Streaming back to Cable?

Harry

Just now, Big Z said:

How so? Explain

Before you cut the cord because you could stream the channels you needed and not pay $200 a month for a bunch of channels you didn't need.  Now they are packaging channels together for a cost.  Is it not possible that they keep packaging channels together until the rates go back up again?  I sense that is where this is headed.  I know I pay 4.99 a month for ESPN + right now and only use it during the football season mostly. 

1 minute ago, Harry said:

Before you cut the cord because you could stream the channels you needed and not pay $200 a month for a bunch of channels you didn't need.  Now they are packaging channels together for a cost.  Is it not possible that they keep packaging channels together until the rates go back up again?  I sense that is where this is headed.  I know I pay 4.99 a month for ESPN + right now and only use it during the football season mostly. 

But you can cancel anytime is the beauty of it. I get what you’re saying but I haven’t paid for Netflix, Hulu and Prime in years.  

• Upvote 3

the frustrating thing is you can't get ALL the sports channels on one service....(or I haven't seen one yet)

You get the ESPNs but no NFL Network or NFL Network but no ESPNs....then fox regional then FS1...etc.

It seems like there would be a demand for a sports only streaming service....

All of them

ESPNs, NFL Network, Golf Channel, Fox Regionals, BEIN, CBS/NBC Sports, etc.

I would sign up....

We need 1 package that has every sports channel. I would get rid of the rest of them.....

• Upvote 5

24 minutes ago, Harry said:

I agree...I thought we were headed toward an "a la carte" model....

Our house just needs sports, kids stuff, locals and HGTV for my wife. HBO/Showtime depending on the shows....

We don't really watch the rest of it....

I would like to go down a list and "click" the channels I want....

Edited by TheColonyEagle
  • Upvote 2

I've not seen a streaming option that can match cable television for the amount of channels available.  I've also not seen a streaming option that can accommodate a large family (we have three teenagers) without buying additional accounts. We have Spectrum which is month to month (though you have the hassle of returning the equipment) and they have an app so I can use my Roku Television in my office without having to run a cable.  As streaming services become more and more popular you can expect cable companies to become more competitive in pricing and service.  

4 minutes ago, TheColonyEagle said:

the frustrating thing is you can't get ALL the sports channels on one service....(or I haven't seen one yet)

You get the ESPNs but no NFL Network or NFL Network but no ESPNs....then fox regional then FS1...etc.

All of them

I would sign up....

We need 1 package that has every sports channel. I would get rid of the rest of them.....

Sign me up! 

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, TheColonyEagle said:

All of them

I would sign up....

Check out PS VUE...i currently have it, i haven't found a sports channel yet they don't offer.  It's not the cheapest though.

• Thanks 1

ESPN + sucks sometimes.. I remember watching a game or two on it last year and it just seems like a guy with a 90's camcorder standing at the top of the stands filming. Streaming is so convenient though.. I have always used YouTube TV and have a good selection of sports channels. PS vue sounds like a cool service to use too. Kudos to almost half our games being on Facebook too. I have been nothing but impressed with Stadium on FB. 

Going back to the original point, you can now bundle up internet and cable nowadays. I am currently moving and have been looking into getting internet service. It's 75 bucks to bundle cable and internet now.. Basically the cost of a good full package streaming service and internet provider service. Harry makes a good point!

2 hours ago, TheColonyEagle said:

All of them

I would sign up....

Agree.

Rick

4 minutes ago, GreenTexan13 said:

ESPN + sucks sometimes.. I remember watching a game or two on it last year and it just seems like a guy with a 90's camcorder standing at the top of the stands filming. Streaming is so convenient though.. I have always used YouTube TV and have a good selection of sports channels. PS vue sounds like a cool service to use too. Kudos to almost half our games being on Facebook too. I have been nothing but impressed with Stadium on FB. 

Going back to the original point, you can now bundle up internet and cable nowadays. I am currently moving and have been looking into getting internet service. It's 75 bucks to bundle cable and internet now.. Basically the cost of a good full package streaming service and internet provider service. Harry makes a good point!

ESPN plus is still better than ESPN 3, I’m not a fan of it and I think it’s remotely cheap. 

Stadium is cool though and sometimes you get the game on the local channel. But how in heck is the SMU game on ESPN 3? Isn’t that always on TX 21? Yes I am going to the game, one team I can’t stand more than anything is SMU.