Scrappy Bobble Head

Moobs

First of all, it’s a badass prize for getting season tickets!

But don’t downvote me. I didn’t make it. There appears to be an error on the base of my scrappy bobble head. 

That being said, I will still display it proudly on my desk. GMG!! 

E56AEB79-3401-4D3E-8AE1-450303275B6C.jpeg

• Lovely Take 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 4

1 hour ago, Moobs said:

But don’t downvote me. I didn’t make it. There appears to be an error on the base of my scrappy bobble head. 

Yea, but did you see the IPF? GMG 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Moobs said:

Ugh.  White stripe on the battle flag goes in top, people.  Maybe they’d planned to sell these but gave them as gifts after they saw the error.   Is it nerdy if I repaint mine?

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1

It is a limited first edition that will only increase in value, don't ruin it by repainting.

on second thought go ahead it will make mine even more valuable.

With new tariffs on China it will be even rarer.

Edited by MCMLXXX
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 2
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, MCMLXXX said:

It is a limited first edition that will only increase in value, don't ruin it by reprinting.

on second thought go ahead it will make mine even more valuable.

I found the leftover paint from when I made my battle flag corn hole tables.  This will be a labor of love. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Moobs said:

Perhaps you could host a repainting party at the first tailgate? 😂

i know where he tailgates...and what vehicle he drives...and what he looks like...and what beer he prefers...just in case you need the info.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• 5 months later...
1 hour ago, BHaugen said:

Anyone know where I could get a Scrappy Bobble?  Or have one they'd like to part with?

Thanks!

UNT '95

Check with the retail shop/ticket office at Apogee.  That's where I got mine.

Edit:Inline image

While looking up sources for you I found this website, maybe an auction type site.  The item shown on this page, the huge brown mug with Scrappy the Eagle on it use to be mine in college!!!!  Can't remember where I bought back in the day, but I place the Scrappy on it.  I owned that mug since the mid 1960's, and sold it to someone on eBay just a few years ago.  Now that was some beer drinking mug!!!!!  And Scrappy(or whatever he was called back then).

Here is the description:

"The Ultimate NTSU Beer Drinking Mug from the mid to late 1960's. You only thought you had a mug for college partying! This vintage bad boy holds a whopping three quarts of your favorite brew, making it totally unnecessary to stop partying for a refill. Used extensively during my tenure at NTSU(North Texas State University), now known as The University of North Texas. This mug was a real companion at parties on the Denton, Tx campus, and especially The Curry House and Plantation House apartments. Eagle mascot affixed to the mug. Own a piece of history!"

Edited by DeepGreen
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, BHaugen said:

Anyone know where I could get a Scrappy Bobble?  Or have one they'd like to part with?

Thanks!

UNT '95

We have one for the silent auction in this year's Cheer Classic Kickball game on the 21st of March at the UNT softball field. Come on by and bid for Scrappy.  There will be a "buy it now" price as well, so...if ya want it...it can be so.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, BHaugen said:

Thanks!

UNT '95

Call up Voertmans. They got a ton of them.* Not sure they officially sell them. Might just give you one if you ask nicely. 

edit: they did have a ton of them as of the end of season. I’m sure they’re not really a hot item in the offseason. 

Edited by MeanGreen22
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, KRAM1 said:

We have one for the silent auction in this year's Cheer Classic Kickball game on the 21st of March at the UNT softball field. Come on by and bid for Scrappy.  There will be a "buy it now" price as well, so...if ya want it...it can be so.

I can't wait for that! 

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1