Ticket Sales for ACU?

Magic95Fan

4 hours ago, GrandGreen said:

I am afraid some of you are substantially over estimating ACU attendance.  I will be pleasantly surprised at anything above 20k.

even without acu attendance, this game goes over 20k with our fans and students....

• Upvote 2

If attendance is more than 22k, then NT is moving way forward from where it was and even now this is not a given I think. An opening game versus an FCS oponent, even a known one, would not have gotten that in the past. But since it appears the weather will be good and trust in the program is at an all time high, this may indeed happen. I'd be very surprised though if it reached 25k or more, which really would be a major sign of NT taking a big leap forward as a program if they can combine that momentum with a few wins in the early games.

If there were 2 sellouts in one season for example, I imagine that would reaaaally drive home the message to fans that it is worth investing in season tickets, which in turn drives long term prosperity of the program.

Edited by outoftown
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, GrandGreen said:

I am afraid some of you are substantially over estimating ACU attendance.  I will be pleasantly surprised at anything above 20k.

Add on:  Some of you seem to take a crowd estimate as a call to arms.  Other than the La Tech and SMU games, announced attendance was much more than actual butts in seats and three 2018 home games announced were under 18.6K .   The only equivalent home game in the last year was Incarnate Word at an announced overstated 18,500 attendance.   NT announced home attendance was over 18.5k for the SMU, La Tech and a meaningful late season Rice game. 

I will be elated if NT reaches the ACU numbers, some of you are projecting, but I am very skeptical.   

This is a little misleading.  To say attendance was "over 18.5K" for SMU, LA Tech and Rice is understating it a bit when those attendances were over 29K, 30K and 25K respectively.   Also, the attendance for UIW was not a good barometer, if I recall that was the game with the big storms and the weatherman touting terrible storms leading up to that weekend, that had a huge negative impact on attendance - more so that the opponent.  With an announced fo 18.5, actual would have probably been in 25ish range without the weather.  The FAU game was a Thursday night after losing to ODU, weekday night games a typically poor draws for everyone, us included.

28 minutes ago, meangreanmick said:

Also, the attendance for UIW was not a good barometer, if I recall that was the game with the big storms and the weatherman touting terrible storms leading up to that weekend, that had a huge negative impact on attendance - more so that the opponent. 

The weather was pretty awful at the USM game as well. And if I remember correctly it rained a little bit before kickoff at the FAU game but maybe not. There couldn't have been more than 7 or 8,000 in their seats for kickoff at UIW/USM. Kinda sucks when a third of your home games' attendance in a season are dampened by storms, so let's hope for better weather this year!

15 hours ago, GrandGreen said:

Add on:  Some of you seem to take a crowd estimate as a call to arms.  Other than the La Tech and SMU games, announced attendance was much more than actual butts in seats and three 2018 home games announced were under 18.6K .   The only equivalent home game in the last year was Incarnate Word at an announced overstated 18,500 attendance.   NT announced home attendance was over 18.5k for the SMU, La Tech and a meaningful late season Rice game. 

I will be elated if NT reaches the ACU numbers, some of you are projecting, but I am very skeptical.   

History is on your side, this is true. Nichols in 2014 drew over 21k and I think all other FCS games were under 20k. 

But I don’t think that will be the case this season (depending on weather of course since our fans are delicate flowers), independent of ACU’s alumni . 

17 hours ago, GrandGreen said:

For a season opener, I highly doubt that. SMU only brings a BMW X5 full of people and that's it. I'll be surprised if we don't go above 26K that day. Especially the amount of ACU alumni in the DFW area or even Abilene being 2 1/2 hours away. 

Edited by GreenTexan13

5 hours ago, meangreanmick said:

This is a little misleading.  To say attendance was "over 18.5K" for SMU, LA Tech and Rice is understating it a bit when those attendances were over 29K, 30K and 25K respectively.   Also, the attendance for UIW was not a good barometer, if I recall that was the game with the big storms and the weatherman touting terrible storms leading up to that weekend, that had a huge negative impact on attendance - more so that the opponent.  With an announced fo 18.5, actual would have probably been in 25ish range without the weather.  The FAU game was a Thursday night after losing to ODU, weekday night games a typically poor draws for everyone, us included.

I assume you think that ACU is going to be close to the draw of La Tech, SMU and Rice.  You also are ignoring the fact that the actual attendance for the ODU and FAU were nowhere near the announced totals. 

I have been following NT football for a long long time and for most home games I've been disappointed in the attendance.  So yes, I will be happy with an opening attendance against a lower division team is 20k or more. 

I will be at the game, rain, heat or snow as long as I35 is not closed.  I would be happy to be in the company of 30k or more other fans,. 

5 hours ago, GrandGreen said:

I assume you think that ACU is going to be close to the draw of La Tech, SMU and Rice.  You also are ignoring the fact that the actual attendance for the ODU and FAU were nowhere near the announced totals. 

I have been following NT football for a long long time and for most home games I've been disappointed in the attendance.  So yes, I will be happy with an opening attendance against a lower division team is 20k or more. 

I will be at the game, rain, heat or snow as long as I35 is not closed.  I would be happy to be in the company of 30k or more other fans,. 

You are going to be very happy - as long as there is no rain in the forecast.  If the forecast holds up you will see 25K plus.

Opening at home draws well. Playing a Texas team draws well. Playing a team 2 1/2 hours away draws well. ACU travels to Denton in good numbers. All of the hype around this team will draw well. A 6:30 start draws well. 

• Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 1