NT players in NFL training camps

Marty

Guyton not really making a name for himself with the Cowboys, but not being given much of a chance either (or he’s just not getting open).  From last night’s box score, he was only targeted twice and didn’t catch either.   He was the only receiver targeted without a catch.  At one point the media was stating we should see a lot out of Guyton in these first two preseason games.  Haven’t seen much in results, unfortunately.  

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Marty said:

Guyton won't make it. I wonder if he regrets his decision to declare for the NFL.

No because he already has his degree. Why would he want to spend another year attending classes he doesn’t want to take just to be the 2nd or 3rd best receiver on the team?

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, 97and03 said:

I believe they get a per diem payment of somewhat over 1k a week. 

Was listening to Norm Hitzges a couple of days ago, he said the players have to pay California state income tax since they’re practicing in Oxnard.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Cr1028 said:

No because he already has his degree. Why would he want to spend another year attending classes he doesn’t want to take?

Would he even have had to take Spring classes since he graduated in December? Couldn't he just train for the NFL all spring, then enroll this week for Fall Semester grad classes even if he has no real intentions of attending them.

This scenario may eliminate him from being eligible for a bowl game but he sure would be better prepared for the NFL draft and training camp.

Either way, I wish we had him back for this season. Great kid and I loved his enthusiasm; and I will always remember his hyper celebration ramble after the 2017 UTSA game.

Edited by ADLER
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

Jeff Wilson just scored a TD on MNF!  Go Jeff!

He had the most carries for the 9ers. Finished with the third most yards (second was a receiver with one carry on a jet sweep) and one touchdown. Think it bodes well for him since he didn't play the first game. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, FirefightnRick said:

He got blown up by an LB and gave up a terrible sack of Mullins late in the game.  That’s a rare miscue by him since he’s always been an excellent blocker.

Also, not to change the subject but Nick Mullins looks a hell of a lot better at QB to me than Jimmy Garappolo.

Rick

True, he also had a much lower yards per carry than Mostert who started the game I believe. 

In the positive side, Jeff gave a monster stiff arm on a nice run to the sideline and also his touchdown was in a situation that the 49ers struggled with last season. That situational touchdown could go a long way in him getting some playing time this year.

• Upvote 1

On 8/18/2019 at 5:18 PM, Marty said:

Was listening to Norm Hitzges a couple of days ago, he said the players have to pay California state income tax since they’re practicing in Oxnard.

True - anyone working remotely in another state owes that state. I worked in Cali one week and had withholding - got it back on a refund. But for these players, I wouldn't sweat it - CA state taxes are likely at 1% (up to $8.5k) or 2% (up to $20k). CA is everyone's favorite tax whipping boy; but unless you're pulling in the big bucks, their taxes aren't a whole lot different than other states. 

Edited by MDH
  • Upvote 1

Current 9ers roster has him tied for third in the depth chart behind Breida and Coleman and tied with Mostert. Last year, he was behind Breida all season, Coleman just came in this season so he is an unknown at this point but I think he can beat out Mostert. He has an interesting situational split if you check his stats on the 9ers website.. 

• 2 months later...