North Texas Season Preview

Salsa_Verde

I still stand in amazement at just how far SL has turned this program around. Less than 4 years ago, we suffered the worst loss in modern college football history, with a collection of QBs on the roster that absolutely couldn't play at the FBS level that was so poor, we went and got a short QB from Oklahoma as a freshman and almost immediately upgraded the entire position and offense. 

SL is probably done here after this season and I am eternally grateful for what he has done here. Same for Mason Fine. These two individuals have shown so many people that you can win here and you can recruit here, both of which had not been done before. And the fact that Smatresk had the vision to convince the BOR and other administrators to hire SL and pay him, while also replacing RV finally and hiring a guy in Wren Baker who has been a breath of fresh air for so many reasons. The future is so much brighter than it really looked in 2015 as FCS Portland State murdered us on Homecoming by a score of 66-7 and I truly hope that the momentum we have going for us will actually continue with whomever takes over when SL rides out to a Power League team in the future.

• Upvote 7
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2