Houston is bringing their band

THOR

7 hours ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Yeah. They easily fill the entire visitor section, both tiers, plus some more. Though it's not physically filled because they decided to pick and choose their seats. 

Either way, I think both teams feel good about where their programs sit and I expect the stadium to be at full capacity. 

Just like when we play SMU, there were a bunch of them over on the Alumni side during that game.  We weren’t very good that year.  It’s a different ballgame now, as BOTH teams are good, not just Houston.  So hopefully more Alumni show up & buy the home side seats so the Houston fans are forced to sit in their sections or GA.

10 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Just like when we play SMU, there were a bunch of them over on the Alumni side during that game.  We weren’t very good that year.  It’s a different ballgame now, as BOTH teams are good, not just Houston.  So hopefully more Alumni show up & buy the home side seats so the Houston fans are forced to sit in their sections or GA.

How good is Houston though? No sarcasm here... the last thing I remember is them getting destroyed by Army.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, MrStrange18 said:

How good is Houston though? No sarcasm here... the last thing I remember is them getting destroyed by Army.

What's the last thing you remember about North Texas?

Both teams are significantly better than their Bowl games would indicate.

The good thing about Houston is they're breaking in a new HC, and that offense is going to look much different without Briles

• Upvote 6
  • Sad 2

31 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

What's the last thing you remember about North Texas?

Both teams are significantly better than their Bowl games would indicate.

The good thing about Houston is they're breaking in a new HC, and that offense is going to look much different without Briles

true true agree GIF

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, greenminer said:

-1s for anyone and everyone that responds/quotes to CQ.

I'll take one I guess because this one seems like a decent talking point:

5 minutes ago, CK2 said:

Holgerson isn't exactly a rookie head coach and we have a better qb and receivers than UNT.

Sonny Dykes wasn't exactly a rookie head coach either, and his first season at SMU, his team was smashed by NT.

Both QBs are very very good.  Only way to find out if King is better than Fine is to settle it on the field.   I have a feeling both guys will be very motivated to prove themselves superior to the other.  Will make for a very entertaining game.
I have no idea who Houston has at WR outside of Marquez Stephenson, but Rico Bussey's stats are better than his, and I like Darden better than just about any slot receiver in the G5.
I know I'm biased, as are you, but in my honest opinion, I believe NT has Houston beat at both QB & WR.  Again, Briles missing being the key.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

20 hours ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Yeah. They easily fill the entire visitor section, both tiers, plus some more. Though it's not physically filled because they decided to pick and choose their seats. 

Either way, I think both teams feel good about where their programs sit and I expect the stadium to be at full capacity. 

Smu can't draw a crowd at their home field, you think they will travel well?   A couple a years a go when SMU was playing us here a SMUT fan happened to find a seat about a row below me.  He caught a t-shirt and instead of handing to one of the kids sitting close to him he decided to throw back on the field.  I gave him some Boos.  He left shortly afterwards, not sure of the boos or because they were losing.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, CK2 said:

No it doesn't you dinosaur, I see it whenever you post it and scroll past it. Also stop saying it because you notice that literally nobody ever responds to you when you write it. Me and everybody else cringe whenever we see it.

I never thought I would say it but you're more cringeworthy than plummeangreen or whatever his name is that writes in multiple colors and fonts.

Now wait just a gol’darned second here, CK2!🤢

➡️ And leave Judge Joe alone, too.  What’s wrong with you?  Pre-September 28 jitters, perhaps? 🤔ADA81C78-BFA6-43DE-A4F6-B21BB92D7E3F.jpeg.b604e5473787ab947345b107e7c47940.jpeg

580C546F-1C9A-41A0-9FC9-1EB2A2CD1A95.thumb.jpeg.b60864e649d159ebc2f67a5ee11fb111.jpeg

• Upvote 2
  • Ray 1
  • Downvote 1

23 hours ago, GreenTexan13 said:

Exactly, If we are 4-0 or 3-1 going into that game.. Apogee will sell out, ticket buyers at the gate will have to go watch at East Side drafthouse lol.

IMO we go into the Houston game 4-0 it'll be the most rocking crowd environment ever at apogee, even more than Rice 2013 on Halloween night

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, TheNewEra said:

IMO we go into the Houston game 4-0 it'll be the most rocking crowd environment ever at apogee, even more than Rice 2013 on Halloween night

image.png.4d4dccd2f267d4a0a2aa744c0259c5cd.png

2 highest attended games in Apogee were last year. I'm sticking to my guns if we are undefeated or only lose to Cal.. Buy your tickets early after we beat UTSA, Apogee will sellout at that point!

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, GreenTexan13 said:

2 highest attended games in Apogee were last year. I'm sticking to my guns if we are undefeated or only lose to Cal.. Buy your tickets early after we beat UTSA, Apogee will sellout at that point!

I wasn't saying total attendance, saying from an fan energy/support aspect. That Rice game was electric.

• Upvote 2

23 hours ago, ADLER said:

Incarnate Word brings more of their own fans than SMU. 

I can beat that.....Lamar, after being hit by Hurricane Harvey, completely wrecked/flooded Beamont, the team didnt even get to practice the entire week before the game.  But they STILL pushed through and showed up and STILL brought more fans than SMU...

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, southsideguy said:

Smu can't draw a crowd at their home field, you think they will travel well?   A couple a years a go when SMU was playing us here a SMUT fan happened to find a seat about a row below me.  He caught a t-shirt and instead of handing to one of the kids sitting close to him he decided to throw back on the field.  I gave him some Boos.  He left shortly afterwards, not sure of the boos or because they were losing.

I was referring to the UNT vs UH matchup. 

6 hours ago, GreenTexan13 said:

and that's why season tickets are important...never have to worry about your seat

• Upvote 5

On 7/30/2019 at 7:49 AM, MeanGreenTexan said:

King is on his 4th OC in 4 years. A new OC with a completely different offense didn't seem to have a negative impact last year.  His total numbers may be down this year because Holgorsen doesn't run a hyper fast offense, but his efficiency may actually improve which would be amazing since he had the #7 QB rating 

• Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2

On 7/31/2019 at 2:05 PM, NTXCoog said:

King is on his 4th OC in 4 years. A new OC with a completely different offense didn't seem to have a negative impact last year.  His total numbers may be down this year because Holgorsen doesn't run a hyper fast offense, but his efficiency may actually improve which would be amazing since he had the #7 QB rating 

Kendall Briles is probably one of the brightest offensive minds in college football, and that will show (again) in Tallahassee this year.  Losing him, even though you're gaining a fantastic HC/system in Holgorsen, will show in King's stats.

Of course, King's wheels are more like Pat White's than Will Grier's, so he could certainly be a 1000+ yard rusher in Holgorsen's offense, while seeing his passing numbers fall sharply.

Coach Littrell has said the offensive system was his under Harrell & will remain his under Reeder, except that Reeder likes to use that Briles-type "hyper fast offense".  So Fine's already-awesome numbers could possibly explode this year.

I'm still sticking with Fine.

EDIT:    Oops, Pat White was in Rich Rod's offense, not Holgorsen's.   So King may actually see his rushing #'s DECREASE.

Edited by MeanGreenTexan
  • Upvote 4
  • Eye Roll 1

8 hours ago, NTXCoog said:

I’m gonna step away from the Houston pissing contest and just say that both QBs are damn fine and we’re lucky to have who we have.

This is a freaking amazing matchup at that position, and probably one of the best ones we will see in all of CFB this season.  I hope the game is played with zero injuries under snap.  It would totally kill the vibe of the game if either squad loses their starter.

I mean that sincerely for King, because when we whoop your butts I want to be able to say y’all were at full strength when it happens.

Edited by greenminer
  • Upvote 7