Houston is bringing their band

THOR

Just hope our band does not show up in shorts and tees, and don't give me that crap about the heat. The players are out there in much more gear than the band. Those "summer" uniforms are completely a disgrace. Nobody else in college football would put a band on the field like they were dressed for a lark in the park unless they were RICE or Stanford.!!

• Upvote 3
  • Ray 1
  • Confused 1
  • Eye Roll 4
  • Downvote 3

5 hours ago, DallasGreen said:

Just hope our band does not show up in shorts and tees, and don't give me that crap about the heat. The players are out there in much more gear than the band. Those "summer" uniforms are completely a disgrace. Nobody else in college football would put a band on the field like they were dressed for a lark in the park unless they were RICE or Stanford.!!

I knew it was just a matter of time.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 5

17 hours ago, DallasGreen said:

12 hours ago, letsgiveacheer said:

I knew it was just a matter of time.

Yeah, me too. 

Somebody needs to tell the TCU Band.

Image result for images of TCU marching band

and the Baylor Band

image.jpeg

Edited by SilverEagle
  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, CK2 said:

We've blown UNT out every game we've played them in the modern era 

To be fair, he has a point. UNT should never lose to a team in a conference which competes with FCS basketball conferences for members (and sometimes loses), needs non-football teams like Wichita State to help prop up its academic and basketball credentials, and that has a strength of schedule so bad that even going undefeated won't get them into the playoff.

• Downvote 3

6 minutes ago, CK2 said:

Theres no such thing as an FCS basketball conference but of course UNT isn't a sports school so it's understandable that you didn't know that.

My apologies. It's just that whenever I talk to American fans it gets hard to tell the difference between FCS, FBS, and Division II schools, whether they play football or not. 

• Downvote 3

19 minutes ago, NTFan11 said:

I'm excited about our new director. He has some drum corp. experience. I'm hoping to see some of that showmanship this year.

In my mind, drum corps experience and college marching band showmanship dont necessarily hand in hand...

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, NTFan11 said:

I'm excited about our new director. He has some drum corp. experience. I'm hoping to see some of that showmanship this year.

Agreed. My ears melted every half listening to that looney tune disney garbage. Put some juice in the stadium and more times than not the drumline can do that very easily within their performance. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 1

this is what i want this year...full shows, full uniforms

95-97...we did 3 shows a year...no partial crap...worked our arses...always in uniforms...i truly don't understand the halfarse shows and shorts.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 2