Houston is bringing their band

THOR

3 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

I thought they were having some financial issues, sending the band to all the away games is not cheap.

Did they attend the last time they played us?  For some reason I don't think so...

33 minutes ago, GreenTexan13 said:

Last year I went to the Houston v SMU game. It was UNT's bye week and I figured I would catch a game for my football fix since they were playing in Dallas. Anyways.. Their band took over at SMU's house, pretty Embarrassing for SMUt.. You would have thought it was being played in Houston the way the Houston band took over. UNT won't have this issue, but there is going to be a battle on the field as well as the stands that day. I CANNOT wait for this game day atmosphere. 

Much like the La Tech game last year... This game will have much hype.  This is how every game should feel at Apogee.  I am glad we are getting a taste of what it could be like.  Need that dub

• Upvote 5

6 minutes ago, MrStrange18 said:

Much like the La Tech game last year... This game will have much hype.  This is how every game should feel at Apogee.  I am glad we are getting a taste of what it could be like.  Need that dub

Exactly, If we are 4-0 or 3-1 going into that game.. Apogee will sell out, ticket buyers at the gate will have to go watch at East Side drafthouse lol.

Edited by GreenTexan13
  • Upvote 3

54 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

nota big crowd there

It's pregame, most fans would still be tailgating, and everyone wearing ponchos indicates inclement weather which would further keep fans out of their seats until kickoff.

Edited by ADLER
  • Eye Roll 1

2 minutes ago, Harry said:

This is how many Houston brought last time:

Naw...Bring that overshot of Apogee stadium that UNT likes to use in marketing sometimes...You will see the red scattered throughout the stadium + your above image. They brought more fans to Apogee than anyone else ever has except for maybe 2017 vs Army. Some have flirted with it such as UTEP when they're good, UTSA when they're good and LaTech when they're good. 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

Just now, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Naw...Bring that overshot of Apogee stadium that UNT likes to use in marketing sometimes...You will see the red scattered throughout the stadium + your above image. They brought more fans to Apogee than anyone else ever has except for maybe 2017 vs Army. Some have flirted with it such as UTEP when they're good, UTSA when they're good and LaTech when they're good. 

this is the one I took:

houston 2011.jpg

4 minutes ago, Harry said:

This is how many Houston brought last time:

There's another big crowd of red over near the wing and one directly on the opposite side of the visitors section, on this album. Fans are very dispersed throughout the stadium. A lot more than SMU brings regardless.

Image result for apogee stadium

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Harry said:

this is the one I took:

houston 2011.jpg

Yeah. They easily fill the entire visitor section, both tiers, plus some more. Though it's not physically filled because they decided to pick and choose their seats. 

Either way, I think both teams feel good about where their programs sit and I expect the stadium to be at full capacity. 

Edited by NorthTexasWeLove
  • Downvote 1

The Houston band is the second most annoying I've ever seen.  My first experience with them was at Texas Stadium while we were whipping them 28-0.  They were annoying the entire game.

In other news, with their Mr. Peppermint uniforms,  $MU is the most annoying, especially when the come on the field and look like they are trying not to step in any cow patties.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, UNT86 said:

The Houston band is the second most annoying I've ever seen.  My first experience with them was at Texas Stadium while we were whipping them 28-0.  They were annoying the entire game.

In other news, with their Mr. Peppermint uniforms,  $MU is the most annoying, especially when the come on the field and look like they are trying not to step in any cow patties.

I would pay an additional $100 at the gate to watch their little pony drag its handler across the field again. That was priceless. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2
  • Ray 1