College Football's Most Feared Offensive Weapons

DeepGreen

Well, Fine will be appropriately feared if his OL gels early and he gets extra seconds to go down his checklist of receivers.  As Stephen Colbert would say....meanwhile, this years opponents will all be looking at the La Tech, UAB, Old Dominion, UTSA and UTEP footage from last year. I know I would be.

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

15 minutes ago, SilverEagle said:

Well, Fine will be appropriately feared if his OL gels early and he gets extra seconds to go down his checklist of receivers.  As Stephen Colbert would say....meanwhile, this years opponents will all be looking at the La Tech, UAB, Old Dominion, UTSA and UTEP footage from last year. I know I would be.

I think in some regard it's a good thing we got a new OC for this reason.  The new stuff that Reeder is introducing will hopefully be different enough to confuse our opponents after their film study.

• Upvote 4

9 minutes ago, DallasGreen said:

Don't forget Utah State as well. Fine was one fingertip drop by their receiver from losing to UTEP.

Utah State? He was just referring to studying tape on Fine to limit him. Fine hardly played vs USU so there's not really tape to study there. 

Another anti-UNT "fan" here I see. Just like we'll go 1-3 in OOC, huh? Based off of nothing other than pessimism. 

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

33 minutes ago, DallasGreen said:

I guess you did not see the fold jobs last year, and yes he played at least the entire first half of the slaughter in Albuquerque.

Pessimisticism is ok, but don't made up your own facts.  Fine went out in the first quarter, and played most of it injured

• Upvote 4

47 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Utah State? He was just referring to studying tape on Fine to limit him. Fine hardly played vs USU so there's not really tape to study there. 

Another anti-UNT "fan" here I see. Just like we'll go 1-3 in OOC, huh? Based off of nothing other than pessimism. 

Pay no attention to this clown. He thinks we are going to lose to UTSA

• Upvote 4

I feel good about the offensive line this year.  Manase Mose was all-conference and he, along with his brother Sosaia and D'Andre Plantin were given all-conference mention by Phil Steele.  Woodworth has been reliable for his career regardless of position.  We'll also use tight ends more so that Fine will have better protection.

In the Utah State game don't forget that Fine was without our top receiver as well.  Utah State was also highly underrated. 

• Upvote 3

I love our “fans”

First it’s, “We aren’t winning”

Then it’s “Yeah, we’re winning but the other teams are horrible and we can’t string winning seasons together”

Then it’s “We’re winning, and have consecutive seasons of 9 victories, but we ALMOST lost games!”

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, emmitt01 said:

I love our “fans”

First it’s, “We aren’t winning”

Then it’s “Yeah, we’re winning but the other teams are horrible and we can’t string winning seasons together”

Then it’s “We’re winning, and have consecutive seasons of 9 victories, but we ALMOST lost games!”

I think this excerpt from the footballscoop article is fair and kind of where I am on our current situation:

At the same time, Littrell kinda sorta needs to put all the pieces together. The North Texas boosters and administration have answered every “Can we have this?” question with a resounding yes. An indoor facility is being constructed as we speak. Littrell has received two new contracts in three seasons on the job, making him one of the highest-paid coaches in the Group of 5. The 2017 Mean Green squad won the program’s first C-USA West Division championship but was outclassed by the Lane Train in two meetings, including the championship game. The 2018 team was a national sensation in September but blew double-digit leads to Louisiana Tech, UAB and Old Dominion (including a 28-0 lead in that one) and was blown out by Utah State in the New Mexico Bowl.

Put it this way: you don’t make someone the highest-paid coach in your conference not to win that conference.

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

18 hours ago, GrayEagle said:

I feel good about the offensive line this year.  Manase Mose was all-conference and he, along with his brother Sosaia and D'Andre Plantin were given all-conference mention by Phil Steele.  Woodworth has been reliable for his career regardless of position.  We'll also use tight ends more so that Fine will have better protection.

In the Utah State game don't forget that Fine was without our top receiver as well.  Utah State was also highly underrated. 

....not if anyone had read this article last October......https://sports.yahoo.com/8-college-football-teams-not-want-play-right-now-173427207.html

I read it and went "Oh Shit" when our bowl opponent was announced.

• Upvote 2

On 7/28/2019 at 8:38 AM, SilverEagle said:

....not if anyone had read this article last October......https://sports.yahoo.com/8-college-football-teams-not-want-play-right-now-173427207.html

I read it and went "Oh Shit" when our bowl opponent was announced.

Yes, they were really, really good. We have drawn tremendously tough bowl opponents recently. Arguably Top 3 G5 teams in the country each of the last three years. 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Yeah, but we also had no business playing a bowl game that year either.  We were a 5-win team that got to a bowl because of the guys’ grades.

NT got to the bowl game, because there were not enough 6 win teams to fill all the bowls.

I guess the school should have turned down that opportunity because they were not a 6-6 power.  The fact that they went to ot with a eight win team seems to indicate NT was a worthy opponent. 

• Upvote 1