Seth = HOF

SETH - NORTH TEXAS HOF   

65 members have voted

1. 1. SETH WILL BE IN THE NORTH TEXAS HOF

• YES
    • NO

Man.....tuff audience on this thread. I mean if you win FOUR CONFERENCE championships and have a BOWL WIN during that period and can't get into UNT HOF.......guess none of our coaches shouldn't be in.

Guess lots of people sided with RV when RV and DD had their little spat.

6 hours ago, RBP79 said:

Man.....tuff audience on this thread. I mean if you win FOUR CONFERENCE championships and have a BOWL WIN during that period and can't get into UNT HOF.......guess none of our coaches shouldn't be in.

My recollection of history is that at some point in 2001 RV had every intention of firing DD during or after the 2001 season, but then the Sun Belt happened.

17 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

My recollection of history is that at some point in 2001 RV had every intention of firing DD during or after the 2001 season, but then the Sun Belt happened.

It was directly after a loss to ULM in 2001...but then four years of no conference losses kinda poo poo’d on that plan

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, RBP79 said:

You don't have to side with either one.   DD and RV were both trainwrecks that should have been terminated much earlier.

DD had a great run in the new Belt, again based on one fantastic recruiting class.  NT had a lot of advantages versus the other early Belt members, many of which were relatively new to D1 football. 

However, I have always given credit to DD for that winning streak that was amazing no matter what league. 

My issue with DD and it should have been everybody's, is that he killed his own program by his statements and lazy recruiting.   

The real problem for NT is that they had an Administration and BOR that failed to correct what should have been very obvious issues.

NT hired an AD with limited experience, and keep giving him new contracts for some unknown reason.  Did not RV serve under 4 different presidents?  

DD should have been shown the door, the first time he openly criticised his employer. 

• Upvote 2

On 7/24/2019 at 9:36 PM, El Paso Eagle said:

Not to take away from the conference wins but the Sun Belt was horrendous.  What was his record outside the conference?

/speaking from the future, a future where we are in the P5 and 3 years into a T15 stay/

not to to take anything away from Mason and SL, but that CUSA sucked. What was their record in bowls? Did they even win a CUSA title?

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, greenminer said:

/speaking from the future, a future where we are in the P5 and 3 years into a T15 stay/

not to to take anything away from Mason and SL, but that CUSA sucked. What was their record in bowls? Did they even win a CUSA title?

That is actually a very fair statement based on the records of the opponents we beat this season.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, greenminer said:

CUSA might not be great, but to say the "suck" in comparison to the Belt in those years (IMO) is ridiculous. 

• Upvote 1

On 7/25/2019 at 12:48 PM, RBP79 said:

Perhaps your right. The HOF should not be something were you have to try and justify why you put someone in but, IMO, were your accomplishments distinguish you. If no one is qualified for that particular year then no one goes in.  

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1