Abilene

Abilene Christian use to travel well during our southland conference days. There was always a decent amount of purple in fouts when we played and more than a lot of other visiting schools. 

Today with their emerging and infused program I expect to see one of the largest traveling fan bases we have seen in apogee. I bet they resemble utsa that first year we played them or even one of the better utep showings. 

Lots o purple for that opener I am believing.

GMG

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 1

4 hours ago, Pavlovs Eagle said:

Watch that sort of language when talking to ACU fans!  If you were an ACU student you'd get suspended for that sort of outburst.

I hope it’s a better class of people than the trash that shows up for their Abilene High School games at Shotwell.  

Those people are an embarrassment for the usual great folks you’ll meet in West Texas.

Rick

• Upvote 3
  • Confused 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2

On 7/21/2019 at 1:09 PM, FirefightnRick said:

I hope it’s a better class of people than the trash that shows up for their Abilene High School games at Shotwell.  

Those people are an embarrassment for the usual great folks you’ll meet in West Texas.

Rick

Abilene is known for its paradoxes.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, eulessismore said:

Man, I hope you know there's a Wichita, Kansas and a Wichita Falls, Texas, as in "As Falls Wichita, So Falls Wichita Falls".

I know Wichita because there was a big crease through it on the folded map on the movie Twister. 

I have been to Wichita Falls and cruised Kemp, even went to Iowa Park.

1 minute ago, Cr1028 said:

I know Wichita because there was a big crease through it on the folded map on the movie Twister. 

I have been to Wichita Falls and cruised Kemp, even went to Iowa Park.

You've pretty much hit the highlights then, unless you're artsy enough to check out the old library converted to art museum.

• Thanks 2

11 hours ago, Matt from A700 said:

Hometown of President Eisenhower!

He was also born in Denison, TX just an hour north of Denton (Texas pride, had to state that fact). The home he was born at is still up and standing.

On 7/20/2019 at 1:27 PM, Philip Ferguson said:

I was working in Abilene this week and some of the folks I was dealing with are big ACU football supporters.  Evidently, the university is making a BIG push to get as many of their people to the game in Denton as possible.  One person was telling me their alumni association is planning a large tailgate beforehand and some social activities Friday night.  I kept hearing about how their running game is going to give us all kinds of problems and they are expecting a surprise win.  I just told them they are probably going to get their butt handed to them but to have a nice day anyway.  GMG

Where abouts do the visiting fans organized groups usually tailgate at? 

Edited by GreenTexan13
  • Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Most of us purple people are pretty good.  I am probably the worst of them 😉 I promised Momma that I would be good for the game though!  

Honestly, except for an outlier or two, I don't think any of us expect an upset.  We do think we can give UNT and the fans a good game though.  We kept the Baylor 1st string in pretty much the whole game.  I loved the Baylor fans.  We sat right in the middle of them on their side and had a great time.  I will be on the UNT home side this year as well.  I'll do better if I am not next to the students.

• Upvote 3

A good highlight video for both sides last year against Baylor.  We worked on our secondary and run defense.  One defensive weakness has been our tackling as you can see.  Our DL and LB core do pretty well. If our OL can hold up, look for Billy to break a few runs.  He, James and White make for a stout running trio. Fink is our best slot receiver, but we have a lot of targets and will probably spread the passes around.         https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=W3tdiSCJ3uA

• Upvote 4