UTSA working to keep pace in Conference USA facilities race

FRISCO — Marshall coach Doc Holliday says recruits “buy with their eyes.”

North Texas coach Seth Littrell has noticed that in Texas especially, many of the best players come from high schools with massive stadiums and top-notch weight rooms. A college program needs to provide something that matches or exceeds that bar.

UTSA announced last month a plan to break ground in November on a $44 million facilities project that will include a sports medicine center, weight room and covered football practice field. Roadrunners coach Frank Wilson called the facility a “game-changer,” improving UTSA’s standing in the Conference USA facilities arms race.

read more:  https://www.expressnews.com/sports/college_sports/utsa/amp/UTSA-working-to-keep-pace-in-Conference-USA-14107091.php?__twitter_impression=true

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

I read what NutsaCK and UAB are spending and what we have spent/are spending and am amazed at the value we have received.  Our facilities are way ahead of where they are/will be and we spent much less.  Again, with NutsaCK, I will believe it when I see it.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Coach Andy Mac said:

UTSA announced last month a plan to break ground in November on a $44 million facilities project that will include a sports medicine center, weight room and covered football practice field. Roadrunners coach Frank Wilson called the facility a “game-changer,” improving UTSA’s standing in the Conference USA facilities arms race.

Ok photoshop wizards, there's gotta' be something you can do with this and a big ol' KFC bucket.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Pavlovs Eagle said:

Another CUSA carport practice facility.  That will be enjoyable for August practices...

It isn’t ideal for sure, but it does get the kids out of the direct sun and shelters from lightning, both of which can help the team stay on the practice field under harsh conditions. At least they are trying I guess. 

• Upvote 3
  • Ray 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

5 hours ago, 97and03 said:

It isn’t ideal for sure, but it does get the kids out of the direct sun and shelters from lightning, both of which can help the team stay on the practice field under harsh conditions. At least they are trying I guess. 

honest question:  since it is only a cover and not fully inclosed, can they practice under it with lightning in the area?  

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, emmitt01 said:

In the off-season they can host wedding receptions, bar mitzvah parties, and even karaoke night!

In San Antonio? There would a lot more quinceañera parties.  So, yeah, they could generate some revenue with it.

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1