Thanks to Texas, LA Tech is juiced up

FRISCO, Texas – Offseason workouts for Louisiana Tech kicked off with newfound purpose and a heightened sense of awareness.

After the Bulldogs downed Hawaii in the Hawaii Bowl, the program’s fifth straight bowl victory, to cap the 2018 season, a big marquee game more than eight months away cut into the amount of enjoyment for the team.

The season-opening matchup with the Texas Longhorns, a potential preseason top-5 team in the country, has been staring down Tech the entire offseason. Knowing that, preparation for the Bulldogs has been in a higher gear than the last couple of years during workouts and conditioning before fall camp.

read more:  https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.thenewsstar.com/amp/1762366001

Edited by Coach Andy Mac
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

As an Austin resident, I can tell you the Longhorns are a team that does not underestimate G5 opponents and has a reputation for never losing one of those games. They have a good team this year, and a win by La Tech just isn't going to happen. Especially in Austin.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2
  • Eye Roll 1

4 hours ago, Jason Howeth said:

As an Austin resident, I can tell you the Longhorns are a team that does not underestimate G5 opponents and has a reputation for never losing one of those games. They have a good team this year, and a win by La Tech just isn't going to happen. Especially in Austin.

if they can't win the refs will win for them as we found out.

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, Jason Howeth said:

As a resident of the greater Austin area, I can tell that you don’t listen to local sports radio and how bad they discount G5’s here. The horns have had several close calls including a 7point squeaker against 3-9 “ a slut spelled backwards” just last year.

Skip and the olineman make it seems as though they’ve already laid down and lost. Very Dickey-esque. Personally, I hope LaTech kicks the shit out of them because they are looking ahead to LSU.

• Upvote 3