• Welcome to GoMeanGreen.com!

Thank you for visiting us!  Registering is easy and free, and provides you with the ability to participate in the discussions along with many cool features and content.

Sign in to follow this  
Harry

Dion Novil Update

I’ve been worried about his moved to the middle because he’s looked so damn good at DE. But with his increase in weight I’m thinking if he’s kept his quickness he could be phenomenal for us there.  

The sky is truly the limit with this guy.

Rick

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, FirefightnRick said:

I’ve been worried about his moved to the middle because he’s looked so damn good at DE. But with his increase in weight I’m thinking if he’s kept his quickness he could be phenomenal for us there.  

The sky is truly the limit with this guy.

Rick

As good as Ejiya, Hall & Brooks we’re, losing Rod Young would have been the most catastrophic blow to the defense if it weren’t for Novil.  

Yes, he would have been amazing as a 3-tech, but he’s going to be awesome at the nose too.  

Really looking forward to 2 years of this guy giving opposing OL’s fits.

• Upvote 3

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Harry
      As Holtz has studied film on the Mean Green, who have had a disappointing 2019 up to this point, what he’s seen hasn’t surprised him. And it doesn’t cause a fiery response. For the Louisiana Tech head coach, it’s the same concern that comes each season matching up with North Texas.
      “They’re everything I thought they’d be,” Holtz said.
      Saying the 2019 season has not been smooth for North Texas, the preseason favorites to win the Conference USA West division, may be a bit of an understatement. With plentiful starters back from last year headlined by senior quarterback Mason Fine, the Mean Green had their sights set on their second conference championship game appearance in three years.
      read more:  https://www.thenewsstar.com/story/sports/college/louisiana-tech/2019/11/05/la-tech-football-expects-north-texas-best-shot/4159061002/
    • By Harry
      I enrolled at the University of North Texas right in time to watch Darrell Dickey sink into the earth. The football coach would finish 2-9 that year, right after a 7-5 season—and almost 2,000 rushing yards from rookie Jamario Thomas—got them their fourth straight bowl berth. He’d lose his job two years later, and then Todd Dodge got brought up from Southlake and stunk up Fouts Field so bad that the sports program had to launch a dubiously-funded effort for a new stadium to get us to talk about something else. (Fouts was also really old.) When my friends and I would go to games, we’d spend more time in the parking lot than in Fouts. It was bad football. (But Tobe Nwigwe was on the team, and he is now terrific, and running back Patrick Cobbs got some years as a backup for the Dolphins and I think the Saints. OK, no more parenthesis, I promise.)
      I bring this up because current coach Seth Littrell is apparently one of just 15 coaches at public universities who has personal access to a private jet written into their contract, according to USA Today. That’s use of a plane not for recruiting or work-related endeavors, but for “family vacations or other leisure trips.” In addition to his $1.865 million salary, Littrell gets $100,000 a year that goes toward “private aircraft charter flight services.” Not bad!
      Littrell is among good company: six coaches are in the Big Ten and five are in the SEC. Littrell is … in Conference USA. He’s 26-21 since 2016, with three bowl appearances but no wins. That’s definitely a jump in quality, but is it worth shelling out $100,000 in university funds so he can take some trips?
      Read more:  https://www.dmagazine.com/frontburner/2019/10/unt-is-one-of-15-schools-that-gives-its-football-coach-private-jet-access/
  • Who's Online   17 Members, 1 Anonymous, 69 Guests (See full list)

• Images

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Please review our full Privacy Policy before using our site.