Jump to content
  • Welcome to GoMeanGreen.com!

    Thank you for visiting us!  Registering is easy and free, and provides you with the ability to participate in the discussions along with many cool features and content.

Sign in to follow this  
Brett Vito

DRC (Part II of C-USA at 25 series): Move to C-USA paid huge dividends for UNT

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Coach Andy Mac said:

UNT had to wait nearly 39 years before its next conference football game against a Division I-A opponent from Texas.

steve brule GIF

 

Sorry... 

 

I haven't made it past the picture of Jalie MItchell yet...

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shocked to read that Brett is still trying to push the UTSA "rivalry."  Nothing worse than a journalist with an agenda IMHO.  We know you want it and why, but you can't just invent a rivalry Brett.  It has to grow on its own, organically over time and often transcends more than a single sport.  Maybe this one will, maybe it won't, but if we ever find ourselves in difference conferences, I doubt many would be insisting that we keep scheduling them every year....you know, for the rivalry.

  • Upvote 5
  • Thanks 4
  • Ray 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it's more of a rivalry for UTSA than us......both my older brothers and myself have always felt a disdain for Smut. My older brother (67) use to have decals from both schools on his car cut out to spell SUM NUTS. Just feel like since then, Hayden Fry's tenure, thru playing in a Safeway parking lot thru today SMU for us is the team to beat...SMU will never admit that we are a rivalry for them.....IMHO

 

  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, keith said:

Shocked to read that Brett is still trying to push the UTSA "rivalry."  Nothing worse than a journalist with an agenda IMHO.  We know you want it and why, but you can't just invent a rivalry Brett.  It has to grow on its own, organically over time and often transcends more than a single sport.  Maybe this one will, maybe it won't, but if we ever find ourselves in difference conferences, I doubt many would be insisting that we keep scheduling them every year....you know, for the rivalry.

The tide is turning there.

The longer both NT and LATech stay consistently good, the more intensely that rivalry will develop.    The UTSA "rivalry" was short-lived because both schools were on a roller-coaster ride for a while there.   Now, UTSA is about where I expect them to remain for a while, and NT & LATech will remain consistently good for the foreseeable future.  NT & LATech both have excellent leadership from football HC up.

 

  • Upvote 7
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

The tide is turning there.

The longer both NT and LATech stay consistently good, the more intensely that rivalry will develop.    The UTSA "rivalry" was short-lived because both schools were on a roller-coaster ride for a while there.   Now, UTSA is about where I expect them to remain for a while, and NT & LATech will remain consistently good for the foreseeable future.  NT & LATech both have excellent leadership from football HC up.

 

Would also love to see a USM rivalry develop. They've had consistency unlike most in the conference

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, untjim1995 said:

TCU is to SMU as they are to UNT as we are to UTSA as they are to Texas State....

I mean...Not really. 

TCU is "P5". SMU is not perceived on their level by anyone in the country in any societal circle outside of SMU. 

Outside of the Dallas bubble (Or really just the Mockingbird Lane bubble), UNT = SMU. 

I know you like the anti-UNT drivel. But I have to come slide UNT back to it's proper pecking order when I see your looney posts. 

  • Thanks 1
  • Ray 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, untjim1995 said:

TCU is to SMU as they are to UNT as we are to UTSA as they are to Texas State....

Great analogy! TCU really doesn't care about SMU who thinks of TCU as a rival. SMU really doesn't care about UNT who thinks of SMU as a rival. And so on. 

Now, all of them care when they lose a game! And all of them REALLY care if they lose a couple of games in a row. That hasn't happened a lot, at least not enough to upset the balance. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, VideoEagle said:

Great analogy! TCU really doesn't care about SMU who thinks of TCU as a rival. SMU really doesn't care about UNT who thinks of SMU as a rival. And so on. 

Now, all of them care when they lose a game! And all of them REALLY care if they lose a couple of games in a row. That hasn't happened a lot, at least not enough to upset the balance. 

You are smart....basically the anti-Ben Gooding

  • Upvote 4
  • Eye Roll 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

I mean...Not really. 

TCU is "P5". SMU is not perceived on their level by anyone in the country in any societal circle outside of SMU. 

Outside of the Dallas bubble (Or really just the Mockingbird Lane bubble), UNT = SMU. 

I know you like the anti-UNT drivel. But I have to come slide UNT back to it's proper pecking order when I see your looney posts. 

The only thing I am anti-UNT about is that they gave you a degree, supposedly. Thanks for devaluing our degrees...

Keep up the great job at the dentist office, Ben. Don’t inhale too much of the gas you blow...

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1
  • Eye Roll 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, VideoEagle said:

Great analogy! TCU really doesn't care about SMU who thinks of TCU as a rival. SMU really doesn't care about UNT who thinks of SMU as a rival. And so on. 

Now, all of them care when they lose a game! And all of them REALLY care if they lose a couple of games in a row. That hasn't happened a lot, at least not enough to upset the balance. 

And yet some publications have us as smuT's game of the year.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Outside of the Dallas bubble (Or really just the Mockingbird Lane bubble), UNT = SMU. 

That's a 100% objective truth

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, untjim1995 said:

The only thing I am anti-UNT about is that they gave you a degree, supposedly. Thanks for devaluing our degrees...

Keep up the great job at the dentist office, Ben. Don’t inhale too much of the gas you blow...

 

 

16 hours ago, untjim1995 said:

You are smart....basically the anti-Ben Gooding

This guy is on some kind of butt-hurt. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

This guy is on some kind of butt-hurt. 

It's because he doesn't have a scapegoat now that RV is fired.

Used to be the go-to subject matter expert of the UNT 17 doing 9/11, interfering in our elections, and leading secret pedophile rings out of a pizza shop to prop up RV's efforts as AD.

Now that Baker is the AD, the chemicals that were turning the freaking frogs gay are no longer in the water, and Jim has nothing to bitch about other than the sake of bitching

  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

And yet some publications have us as smuT's game of the year.

That doesn't mean the fan's of smuT (all six of them) think it is their game of the year. And more than once, publications have listed UTSA in the past as our game of the year yet almost none of our fans feel that way.

Yet again, perception is NOT actually reality! 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

According to Wikipedia, the TCU - SMU rivalry was first played in 1915, they have met 98 times, with TCU leading the series 51-40-7 and with TCU winning the last 7 games.  

  We need a rivalry.  Army was a great series,  so was Navy.  MTSU.  

  • Ray 1
  • Eye Roll 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I always though we could develop a better rivalry with La. Tech if the game was played in Shreveport instead of Ruston. It's  a short drive for Tech, 3rd largest city in La., and with casinos a good road trip for us.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, MGNation92 said:

It's because he doesn't have a scapegoat now that RV is fired.

Used to be the go-to subject matter expert of the UNT 17 doing 9/11, interfering in our elections, and leading secret pedophile rings out of a pizza shop to prop up RV's efforts as AD.

Now that Baker is the AD, the chemicals that were turning the freaking frogs gay are no longer in the water, and Jim has nothing to bitch about other than the sake of bitching

You are an idiot of the highest order

  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Mean Green 93-98 said:

Now, now.  Remember, dudes, we're all on the same team here.

There is some serious GMG beef going on.serious GIF

  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, untjim1995 said:

You are an idiot of the highest order

What's that Jim? Is that one of the Maniacal UNT 17 right around the corner? Watch out! They're gonna get you!

board_of_crazy.gif

  • Haha 3
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MGNation92 said:

What's that Jim? Is that one of the Maniacal UNT 17 right around the corner? Watch out! They're gonna get you!

board_of_crazy.gif

Thanks for again proving the point from my post above...

  • Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Please review our full Privacy Policy before using our site.