DRC (Part II of C-USA at 25 series): Move to C-USA paid huge dividends for UNT

Brett Vito

1 hour ago, Coach Andy Mac said:

UNT had to wait nearly 39 years before its next conference football game against a Division I-A opponent from Texas.

steve brule GIF

Sorry... 

I haven't made it past the picture of Jalie MItchell yet...

• Haha 3

Shocked to read that Brett is still trying to push the UTSA "rivalry."  Nothing worse than a journalist with an agenda IMHO.  We know you want it and why, but you can't just invent a rivalry Brett.  It has to grow on its own, organically over time and often transcends more than a single sport.  Maybe this one will, maybe it won't, but if we ever find ourselves in difference conferences, I doubt many would be insisting that we keep scheduling them every year....you know, for the rivalry.

• Upvote 5
  • Thanks 4
  • Ray 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 5

I think it's more of a rivalry for UTSA than us......both my older brothers and myself have always felt a disdain for Smut. My older brother (67) use to have decals from both schools on his car cut out to spell SUM NUTS. Just feel like since then, Hayden Fry's tenure, thru playing in a Safeway parking lot thru today SMU for us is the team to beat...SMU will never admit that we are a rivalry for them.....IMHO

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, keith said:

Shocked to read that Brett is still trying to push the UTSA "rivalry."  Nothing worse than a journalist with an agenda IMHO.  We know you want it and why, but you can't just invent a rivalry Brett.  It has to grow on its own, organically over time and often transcends more than a single sport.  Maybe this one will, maybe it won't, but if we ever find ourselves in difference conferences, I doubt many would be insisting that we keep scheduling them every year....you know, for the rivalry.

The tide is turning there.

The longer both NT and LATech stay consistently good, the more intensely that rivalry will develop.    The UTSA "rivalry" was short-lived because both schools were on a roller-coaster ride for a while there.   Now, UTSA is about where I expect them to remain for a while, and NT & LATech will remain consistently good for the foreseeable future.  NT & LATech both have excellent leadership from football HC up.

• Upvote 7
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

12 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

The tide is turning there.

The longer both NT and LATech stay consistently good, the more intensely that rivalry will develop.    The UTSA "rivalry" was short-lived because both schools were on a roller-coaster ride for a while there.   Now, UTSA is about where I expect them to remain for a while, and NT & LATech will remain consistently good for the foreseeable future.  NT & LATech both have excellent leadership from football HC up.

Would also love to see a USM rivalry develop. They've had consistency unlike most in the conference

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, untjim1995 said:

TCU is to SMU as they are to UNT as we are to UTSA as they are to Texas State....

I mean...Not really. 

TCU is "P5". SMU is not perceived on their level by anyone in the country in any societal circle outside of SMU. 

Outside of the Dallas bubble (Or really just the Mockingbird Lane bubble), UNT = SMU. 

I know you like the anti-UNT drivel. But I have to come slide UNT back to it's proper pecking order when I see your looney posts. 

• Thanks 1
  • Ray 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, untjim1995 said:

TCU is to SMU as they are to UNT as we are to UTSA as they are to Texas State....

Great analogy! TCU really doesn't care about SMU who thinks of TCU as a rival. SMU really doesn't care about UNT who thinks of SMU as a rival. And so on. 

Now, all of them care when they lose a game! And all of them REALLY care if they lose a couple of games in a row. That hasn't happened a lot, at least not enough to upset the balance. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, VideoEagle said:

Great analogy! TCU really doesn't care about SMU who thinks of TCU as a rival. SMU really doesn't care about UNT who thinks of SMU as a rival. And so on. 

Now, all of them care when they lose a game! And all of them REALLY care if they lose a couple of games in a row. That hasn't happened a lot, at least not enough to upset the balance. 

You are smart....basically the anti-Ben Gooding

• Upvote 4
  • Eye Roll 3

2 hours ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

I mean...Not really. 

TCU is "P5". SMU is not perceived on their level by anyone in the country in any societal circle outside of SMU. 

Outside of the Dallas bubble (Or really just the Mockingbird Lane bubble), UNT = SMU. 

I know you like the anti-UNT drivel. But I have to come slide UNT back to it's proper pecking order when I see your looney posts. 

The only thing I am anti-UNT about is that they gave you a degree, supposedly. Thanks for devaluing our degrees...

Keep up the great job at the dentist office, Ben. Don’t inhale too much of the gas you blow...

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1
  • Eye Roll 1

17 hours ago, VideoEagle said:

And yet some publications have us as smuT's game of the year.

• Upvote 3

16 hours ago, untjim1995 said:

The only thing I am anti-UNT about is that they gave you a degree, supposedly. Thanks for devaluing our degrees...

Keep up the great job at the dentist office, Ben. Don’t inhale too much of the gas you blow...

16 hours ago, untjim1995 said:

You are smart....basically the anti-Ben Gooding

This guy is on some kind of butt-hurt. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

1 hour ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

This guy is on some kind of butt-hurt. 

It's because he doesn't have a scapegoat now that RV is fired.

Used to be the go-to subject matter expert of the UNT 17 doing 9/11, interfering in our elections, and leading secret pedophile rings out of a pizza shop to prop up RV's efforts as AD.

Now that Baker is the AD, the chemicals that were turning the freaking frogs gay are no longer in the water, and Jim has nothing to bitch about other than the sake of bitching

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

4 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

And yet some publications have us as smuT's game of the year.

That doesn't mean the fan's of smuT (all six of them) think it is their game of the year. And more than once, publications have listed UTSA in the past as our game of the year yet almost none of our fans feel that way.

Yet again, perception is NOT actually reality! 

• Upvote 3

According to Wikipedia, the TCU - SMU rivalry was first played in 1915, they have met 98 times, with TCU leading the series 51-40-7 and with TCU winning the last 7 games.  

We need a rivalry.  Army was a great series,  so was Navy.  MTSU.  

• Ray 1
  • Eye Roll 1

8 hours ago, MGNation92 said:

It's because he doesn't have a scapegoat now that RV is fired.

Used to be the go-to subject matter expert of the UNT 17 doing 9/11, interfering in our elections, and leading secret pedophile rings out of a pizza shop to prop up RV's efforts as AD.

Now that Baker is the AD, the chemicals that were turning the freaking frogs gay are no longer in the water, and Jim has nothing to bitch about other than the sake of bitching

You are an idiot of the highest order

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2

• Harry locked this topic