• Welcome to GoMeanGreen.com!

Thank you for visiting us!  Registering is easy and free, and provides you with the ability to participate in the discussions along with many cool features and content.

Sign in to follow this  
CK2

CUSA-Sun Belt swap discussed by ADs

https://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/07/14/cusa-athletic-directors-have-reportedly-discussed-trading-schools-with-other-leagues/

Several C-USA athletic directors also said they have informally discussed the idea of the conference realigning on a more regional basis by trading teams with other leagues, including the Sun Belt. Those discussions have never progressed to the point where C-USA officially explored the possibility.

Would do a lot of good for both conferences.

Edited by CK2
  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 4

This seems to be a complete non-story.  Wishful thinking or priming the narrative and "reporting" on something that has not happened.  In other news, C-USA officials have denied that they have had any discussions with officials from the SEC about swapping member institutions.

• Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, keith said:

C-USA officials have denied that they have had any discussions with officials from the SEC about swapping member institutions.

Sounds legit as there would be little interest there.

• Upvote 1

I know we all want to look down on the SBC, but in reality, the top end of their league is as good or better than ours now, while te bottom of both leagues are both equally awful. 

At this point, the most important part of our leagues is to boost attendance. The TV deals are never gonna be there for any Lower G5 league. Even if you play mid-week, its not like the money is really worth it. Look at MACtion during the week when ALL of the conference games are played like some JV or Freshmen game--they get about 1000 people in the stands on a good night. I'd make the argument that playing Saturdays in the fall would change that for them, even if it meant that no mid-week ESPN broadcasts. People want to come watch college football on Saturdays, with the occasion game on a Thursday night thrown in there.

A collection of Western SBCUSA teams and NMSU would do wonders...

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, keith said:

This seems to be a complete non-story.  Wishful thinking or priming the narrative and "reporting" on something that has not happened.  In other news, C-USA officials have denied that they have had any discussions with officials from the SEC about swapping member institutions.

Methinks @CK2 and the AAC/Miuntain West would love to see this happen.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Coach Andy Mac said:

Methinks @CK2 and the AAC/Miuntain West would love to see this happen.

Why would either of those leagues care about the SBCUSA realignment? If they want to invite anyone from the SBCUSA, they wouldn't bat an eye to leave, just like ECU, Tulane, and Tulsa did when the AAC came calling. 

• Upvote 2

40 minutes ago, untjim1995 said:

Why would either of those leagues care about the SBCUSA realignment? If they want to invite anyone from the SBCUSA, they wouldn't bat an eye to leave, just like ECU, Tulane, and Tulsa did when the AAC came calling. 

Because it would just be more turmoil at the lower G5 and it would make them (AAC & MWC) appear more sustainable and stable. 

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1

2 hours ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Because it would just be more turmoil at the lower G5 and it would make them (AAC & MWC) appear more sustainable and stable. 

Bwahahaha!!! 

You were serious??

Bwahahahaha....Two leagues of G5’s have never produced the Automatic spot for bread crumbs that the P5s give out...Hint: both leagues are in this thread.

The MWC and AAC will always be higher than the SBCUSA, no matter what you think.

Edited by untjim1995
  • Confused 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 3

I pity the cougar having to come on here trying to build himself up, dreaming of the day the only real rival he could ever have goes back to playing SH and SFA.

Even sadder is some NT ‘fans’ think that would be a good idea. Yes that will draw crowds to rival the best high school games. Now these people are desperate that they might not be able to go to the away games.  So what!  It’s about the brand, not about you.

• Upvote 3

14 hours ago, untjim1995 said:

The MWC and AAC will always be higher than the SBCUSA, no matter what you think.

And they'll always be lower than P5

So in the grand scheme of college football....they're on the same level as us.

SMU may look at UH and say they're higher than UNT

But Alabama, Ohio St, USC, UT, etc doesn't see the difference between UH, SMU and UNT. Despite what the little UH troll thinks.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, TheColonyEagle said:

And they'll always be lower than P5

So in the grand scheme of college football....they're on the same level as us.

SMU may look at UH and say they're higher than UNT

But Alabama, Ohio St, USC, UT, etc doesn't see the difference between UH, SMU and UNT. Despite what the little UH troll thinks.

That’s all true— but has no bearing on this argument that the two Upper G5 leagues are better than SBCUSA.

• Eye Roll 2

1 minute ago, untjim1995 said:

That’s all true— but has no bearing on this argument that the two Upper G5 leagues are better than SBCUSA.

Fair enough....

My point...they may be seen as better but it doesn't matter and doesn't mean anything

It's like being the best player on the worst team. You're still in last place.

Just now, TheColonyEagle said:

Fair enough....

My point...they may be seen as better but it doesn't matter and doesn't mean anything

It's like being the best player on the worst team. You're still in last place.

I agree on that 100%.

I still believe the Power Teams will break away completely one day from the rest of us, but it’ll take time. The current setup gives the G5’s and FCS crumbs. They’ll stop playing FCS and G5’s more than once for bought home games, then eventually pull away for good. And I’ll be thrilled by that—it amazes me that the G5’s allow their programs to never get a chance to be a national champion like every other level of college football. 

• Eye Roll 1

Just now, untjim1995 said:

They’ll stop playing FCS and G5’s more than once for bought home games, then eventually pull away for good. 

I've been following the media days on twitter and that is arguably the #1 subject at Big 12 and SEC media days...scheduling more P5s

They are going to stop scheduling G5s. I saw another article about some of the bowls' contracts coming up and P5s are wanting to replace G5 teams with P5 teams.

It's picking up momentum

16 hours ago, untjim1995 said:

Bwahahaha!!! 

You were serious??

Bwahahahaha....Two leagues of G5’s have never produced the Automatic spot for bread crumbs that the P5s give out...Hint: both leagues are in this thread.

That's what I was saying. Go read again.