DRC: C-USA commissioner, conference ADs confident in future of league

Brett Vito

Well at least CUSA media days info made it into The DRC!

I find it some what a slap in the face that the CUSA has its headquarters in DFW but can't make it into DMN Sunday 14 July sport section when talking conference media days.. Well guess if your not in the B12 ur out of luck. Well they did mention SMuT.......

To me this is a result of poor leadership at CUSA. 

Edited by RBP79
Date
  • Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1

Every single answer was diplomatic. 

This conference is not in a stable place. That is a lie. 445k is better than 200k. Still less than half of the 1.1. The conferences need to realign. This is a reactive conference with a reactive commissioner. The SEC, ACC, etc. and even the AAC and the MWC are proactive conferences with proactive commissioners. The Sun Belt is more in tune and comes off more sustainable than CUSA. They at least know their place and have decided to carve out their niche with Tuesday and occasional Thursday night nationally televised games and dubbed it FunBelt. Their payouts may not be bigger than CUSA's, but their national exposure is 10 fold that of CUSA.  And exposure cannot be undervalued. It's a paramount part of the dynamic equation that is collegiate sports. 

• Upvote 7
  • Eye Roll 3

Whether it’s cusa, mountain west, Mac, sunbelt, etc....other than the fans from those teams in those conferences, nobody cares!  I live in Houston and I’m the only UNT grad out of 1,000.  Nobody knows anything about unt other than what I’m constantly saying. It’s sad but true. Wish it wasn’t.  But, I love my team and will cheer as hard as any Aggie fan or auburn fan (my wife) out there.  

• Upvote 2

CUSA West is fine for us, but in reality, it’s just a bad league, full of SBC teams that got to move up because the Big east imploded into the AAC and invited the ones they wanted. If you got left behind, you provide no market for anyone to jump up and get excited about. 

Its way better than we had in the SBC, but it’s never gonna be a league that will make the AAC or MWC worried that their are being pushed down from their pedestals of being the top two leagues in the G5.

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 1

14 hours ago, untjim1995 said:

CUSA West is fine for us, but in reality, it’s just a bad league.

Methinks you oversimplify it.  The Texas teams are a plus for us as @Brett Vito states.  Marshall and the east teams like having the Florida schools to recruit to.  You always hate on the Florida schools attendance but they seem to be improving and have good coaches. 

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1

2 hours ago, Coach Andy Mac said:

Methinks you oversimplify it.  The Texas teams are a plus for us as @Brett Vito states.  Marshall and the east teams like having the Florida schools to recruit to.  You always hate on the Florida schools attendance but they seem to be improving and have good coaches. 

That's why I said CUSA West is fine for us--the rest of league is full of teams that no Texans care about and they are so far away that they bring nobody to our games.

Edited by untjim1995
  • Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 1

21 hours ago, Coach Andy Mac said:

Except their attendance is still less than many Texas 4A High Schools.