DRC: Louisiana Tech jumps past UNT, has C-USA's consensus top recruiting class

Brett Vito

Louisiana Tech has traditionally recruited well, and I am happy to see them help raise the talent level for CUSA.

I have a feeling that the UTSA signing class is going to be decimated if/when Frank gets canned this season. Their higher recruits are committed  to play for him, not UTSA. They will bolt instantly, especially the recruits from Louisiana.

• Upvote 4

18 minutes ago, ADLER said:

I have a feeling that the UTSA signing class is going to be decimated if/when Frank gets canned this season. Their higher recruits are committed  to play for him, not UTSA. They will bolt instantly, especially the recruits from Louisiana.

I'm not so sure about that.  Outside of recruiting, the new coach is almost a guaranteed upgrade.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, TheColonyEagle said:

I see it as "I want to play for a coach and if he's not there...all that's left is UT San Antonio..."

the new coach better be a good recruiter 

Remember when there was the good recruiter vs good scheme coach argument over Wilson and Littrell? I guess it turns out if you have the right Xs and Os, you eventually get the right Jimmys and Joes.

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

You have to give La Tech all the credit in the world. Year after year, coach after coach they have solid teams and recruiting. Sort of knocks out the "Location" factor.

This. I know a couple of people that went there and despite Ruston being a S*it hole, people still end up there.

1 minute ago, ADLER said:

Ruston is remote, but it is a nice place to live. It's not like the kids are being asked to move to some gawdaweful place like New Mexico. Could you imagine the challenge of trying to recruit to Las Cruces or Albuquerque?

I would take those 2 over Ruston any day of the week. 

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 1

9 minutes ago, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

This. I know a couple of people that went there and despite Ruston being a S*it hole, people still end up there.

I would take those 2 over Ruston any day of the week. 

Tatooine over Endor? You're crazy.

• Upvote 2

Not about La Tech, but 247 rankings make absolutely no sense.

Look at the final 2018 for example.   NT is ranked fourth behind two schools(Marshall, FAU) that are shown signing over 30 players.   I wonder how 247 assumes that those schools are going to be substantially over the 25 signee limit.  They also rank UAB higher than UNT.

NT has a higher average player ranking than the first three and signed nothing but 3 stars.  FaU and Marshall both signed five 2 star players and UAB signed six. 

I guess they defend their non-numeric based rankings on addressing needs, wind direction, or who they think provides more 247 fans.  

• Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Eye Roll 1

On 7/12/2019 at 1:15 PM, ADLER said:

Louisiana Tech has traditionally recruited well, and I am happy to see them help raise the talent level for CUSA.

I agree. FW is a recruiter not a football coach. Haha. he needs to run someone's recruiting operations.

• Upvote 1

On 7/12/2019 at 2:42 PM, ADLER said:

Ruston is remote, but it is a nice place to live. It's not like the kids are being asked to move to some gawdaweful place like New Mexico. Could you imagine the challenge of trying to recruit to Las Cruces or Albuquerque?

ALBQ is beautiful.

My mom visits Santa Fe at least twice a year.  The northern side of New Mexico, as you approach Colorado, is nothing like the dessert of Cruces.

I’ve never been to Ruston, so I can’t say what is better.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1