2019 C-USA Bowls: Which one do you want?

C-USA Bowls for 2019

Dec. 30 — First Responder Bowl: Big Ten vs. Conference USA, ESPN, 12:30 p.m.

Dec. 23 — Gasparilla Bowl: American vs. Conference USA, ESPN, 2:30 p.m.

Dec. 21 — New Orleans Bowl: Conference USA vs. Sun Belt, ESPN, 9 p.m.

Dec. 21 — Boca Raton Bowl: American/Conference USA/MAC, ABC, 3:30 p.m.

Dec. 21 — New Mexico Bowl: Conference USA vs. Mountain West, ESPN, 2 p.m.

Dec. 20 — Bahamas Bowl: Conference USA vs. MAC, ESPN, 2 p.m.

Link:  https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nc...222088001/

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1

1 hour ago, Philip Ferguson said:

Although the Cotton Bowl is a tired venue (albeit historic), that game would bring a HUGE crowd for UNT which would be a nice send-off for our senior players.  

I believe the First Responder's Bowl moved to Ford Stadium this year, moving forward.  No more bowl games at the Cotton Bowl.

• Upvote 2
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

They just had to reschedule it for one year to SMU because there is an NHL classic event at Fair Park.

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/college-sports/collegesports/2019/05/23/first-responders-bowl-set-move-cotton-bowl-smus-ford-stadium

I do believe that Fair Park is going under some major renovations and will be under private management who will be making it a year round destination.  I would think that would be good for the bowl game.

• Upvote 1

If things go as we hope this year... as in big wins, contending for a conference championship... I think a great way to make us even more the "team of North Texas" would be to have our bowl game in Dallas. 

It would be a nice cap to a great season and give us great exposure to the metroplex.

• Upvote 2

My 2 favorites are Dallas and New Orleans

Dallas- Most often the best opponent (although when we have gone we never played a P5..), best attended, closer to New Years which is prime time for bowl watching given that it is getting close to the playoffs and the champ game. 12:30 Start time kind of sucks IMO, every time we play there we get shafted with our opponent (UNLV/Army again)

New Orleans- 9PM start time on a Saturday is awesome for viewers, New Orleans is a destination city that is not to far away. Playing the Sun belt hurts a little. I think I would like to play a Louisiana school if we were to go there again. Especially ULaLa

Not sure how Florida bowls would go.. But Tampa would be cool. Definite no to Bahamas, maybe if we could play a conference opponent that was from Florida or something (no go because MAC).. But attendance would hurt bad. 

New Years 6 anyone? Do what UCF did.

Edited by GreenTexan13
  • Upvote 2

If invited to " First Responders" tickets may become a hot item. That stadium is listed at 32000 capacity.......

Not sure when it moves back to Cotton Bowl at Fair Park if attendance improves cause of private management. Unless they hire a private security firm to help a understaffed Police Department.

• Upvote 2