Mason Fine ranked in SI.com!

edcollopy

3 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

“Graham Harrell’s Air Raid”??

I don't quite understand the question.  Are you suggesting it should be referred to as "Seth Littrell's Air Raid"?

Either way, there are going to be significant changes on the offensive side, so the article's point stands.

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1

22 minutes ago, Mean Green 93-98 said:

I don't quite understand the question.  Are you suggesting it should be referred to as "Seth Littrell's Air Raid"?

Either way, there are going to be significant changes on the offensive side, so the article's point stands.

Not to speak for him, but I took it to mean that Graham Harrell isn't exactly a pioneer of the Air Raid.  Maybe Mike Leach's Air Raid run by Graham Harrell.

Anyway, very cool to see UNT getting all of this preseason love.  Just think how awesome it will be to get this much attention in the post season!

1 hour ago, NT93 said:

Not to speak for him, but I took it to mean that Graham Harrell isn't exactly a pioneer of the Air Raid.  Maybe Mike Leach's Air Raid run by Graham Harrell.

Anyway, very cool to see UNT getting all of this preseason love.  Just think how awesome it will be to get this much attention in the post season!

Harrell wasn’t even a friggin OC or even QB coach when hired here. Of course it wasn’t his offense. Ridiculous that he gets so much credit for Fine. Yes, he certainly had an impact on Fine’s development and we can thank him. But he isn’t the magic behind tiny little Fine’s successful career.

For those in the media that don’t know shit about UNT:

FIne is an amazing talent that would succeed anywhere! He has a heart as big as his arm. 

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 4

9 hours ago, Mean Green 93-98 said:

Yes.  I'm saying the article should refer to it as "Seth Littrell's Air Raid".   
I bet if coach read that line in the article, he'd likely chuckle a little out loud.   Granted, there will be wrinkles and tendencies that are uniquely Harrell's or Reeder's based on playcalling, but the offense is still Seth Littrell's baby in the end.  I doubt there will be a significant change (outside of Reeder's pace, which is more like Briles').

• Downvote 1

I'd say it was Harrell's offense.  Seth seeds a lot of responsibility to his assistants.  While Seth was involved in the offense, Harrell was doing most of the work. Seth's an air raid guy but he's not married to it.  He offense uses the tight end more and runs much more than Leach ever did.  He last offense at North Carolina ran more than they passed.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

I doubt there will be a significant change (outside of Reeder's pace, which is more like Briles').

The use of the TE as well.  It sounds like 4-wide sets will be a thing of the past.  And Reeder's offense isn't a true Air Raid, although it keeps some of those elements.  At least early on this spring, Fine was having some troubles adjusting to Reeder's offense.  Knowing the time Mason puts in in the film room, I don't think it will be a problem by the end of fall camp, but there could be an occasional hiccup or two.

10 minutes ago, Mean Green 93-98 said:

The use of the TE as well.  It sounds like 4-wide sets will be a thing of the past.  And Reeder's offense isn't a true Air Raid, although it keeps some of those elements.  At least early on this spring, Fine was having some troubles adjusting to Reeder's offense.  Knowing the time Mason puts in in the film room, I don't think it will be a problem by the end of fall camp, but there could be an occasional hiccup or two.

I agree.  The offense should be noticeable different.  More use of one and two tight ends and a quicker pass. 

In terms of formations and run/pass the offense we've run the past three years is very different from what Seth ran at UNC.  Reeder's offense is much closer to Seth's than what Harrell was doing.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, NorthTexan95 said:

I'd say it was Harrell's offense.  Seth seeds a lot of responsibility to his assistants.  While Seth was involved in the offense, Harrell was doing most of the work. Seth's an air raid guy but he's not married to it.  He offense uses the tight end more and runs much more than Leach ever did.  He last offense at North Carolina ran more than they passed.

It was Harrell's O when ever it did not work. When it was flowing it was Seth's. Similar to when Mason was not having a good stretch, it was GH's fault, but as soon as Mason got on a streak their was no credit for GH.

Not to take anything away from Seth or Mason but I still cannot understand the dislike many have for GH

• Upvote 1