Where did you stay in your time at UNT?

Harry

Clark Hall freshman year. All women had to live in a dorm until 21, no matter their classification  this changed after my sophomore year  

Crumley Hall sophomore year. Both all women. This was ‘70 and ‘71. 11pm curfew. 

Little apartments behind Legends Hall that is now called North Texas Lofts. Don’t remember the name. Now home of the Office of Sustainability.   Lived there two different times. Junior year and Senior year ‘73 and ‘74  

Lived in a house one semester, don’t remember which year. It was between campus and the square.  My mother was horrified. This was at the height of “hippie” culture. I was right in the middle of it, and the house reflected the style. Lots of stuff from Pier One.

Streakers, John Denver, Nitty Gritty Dirt Band (multiple times), all night movies at the Rock Bottom Lounge in the UB, music in the park (it no longer exists), the Pit, guys with long hair.  Great times. 

GMG!

• Upvote 1

Since I grew up in Denton, my first two years I saved money and lived at home.  The summer before my 3rd year of college my Dad got a job in Arizona and they moved.  I spent the last three years at NT living two blocks off campus on Margie Street (I believe 1234 Margie Street, Apt #4).

It was a great location.  The apartment had big issues (the AC always broke down and  we had various leaks that came and went, sometimes had bug issues), but I loved it dearly.

Edited by CMJ
  • Upvote 3

Bruce Hall but most my friends lived in Clark, so hung out there a lot. Then I rented a place from Jackson Chang realty, in cement city. It sucked. I left there after 3 months. Then moved into a random house for a few months. Spent a couple of years at the Gazebo. A couple at efficiencies by Skyview off Normal and one off Mulberry. Some older couple owned them. Lived some other places too. I was on the ten year plan for undergrad.

• Upvote 3

64-65 West Hall - no choice for freshmen other than Quads and commuters 

65-66 West Hall - got job in dining hall

66-67 West Hall - continued job in dining hall, president of West Dorm Assoc. (men's BB team there that year)

67-68 University House - was independent through previous year, but subject to UNT housing regs 67-68 (no women)

68-69 Esquire Apartments - yes, that is five years - changed majors after three

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

On ‎7‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 3:35 PM, THOR said:

Procrastination studies

Amazing!  I have a Master Degree in Procrastination Studies.  I wanted to go after my Doctorate but couldn't decide if I really wanted to do that or not.  You know, that's a hard decision.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 4

My mom was a prof at UNT when I started (now, after being at a few other schools, she is a Dean at UNT), so I stayed at home. She took at job at Missouri half-way through my freshman year and rented the house out to me and some friends for a while. I moved in with some other friends in a couple of different apartments, and stayed with GMG's own Travis's family for a while.

I never stayed in a Residence Hall until I came back as a Hall Director at Clark Hall from 2008-2010.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

According to my previous experience, it becomes accessible to book an apartment if you know about it. I went to Dubai for the first time in 2012 and booked an apartment, and when I go for the second time there, I also book an apartment from there. It's tough to find out an apartment for a stay or enjoying your vacation such an international city like Dubai.

• Confused 1

On 7/9/2019 at 12:11 PM, MeanGreenTexan said:

Freshman year:  Clark Hall - Incredible experience.  One of the best years of my life.  The system-generated roomate assignment wound up producing one of the best friends I have to this day.

Soph-Jr years: Apple Tree Apartments (now called "the vibe") 1610 E McKinney St.  Pretty far away from campus, but it was just me & 1 other roomate, so we had to keep costs down, and these did just that.

Sr year & Sr year#2: 1109 Neff St.  This was a house I shared with 5 other dudes that are still some of my best friends to this day.  It was bulldozed shortly after we moved out & is now a small apartment complex.  GREAT location.

I lived at 1107 Neff

• Upvote 2