Where did you stay in your time at UNT?

Harry

8 hours ago, southsideguy said:

Was this a advertising photo or a picture just taken. I mean the guy on the third floor in the right corner, who stands like that.  Did this become the campus square arts later on, the set up looks the same.

It was a very staged postcard.  I don't remember the pool area ever looking that good.

8 hours ago, southsideguy said:

Was this a advertising photo or a picture just taken. I mean the guy on the third floor in the right corner, who stands like that.  Did this become the campus square arts later on, the set up looks the same.

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1

January '08 thru May '08 - Maple Hall

August '08 thru July '09- Uptown Apartments (right off 35, across the street from Texas Health Presbyterian) 

August '09 thru January '11- Sigma Phi Epsilon house (Corner of Maple and Welch)

January '11 thru July '11- house way south on Teasley. Close to Denton Guyer. 

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Jason Howeth said:

You should see it now. Some other fraternity took it over, and it now sleeps something like 22 guys.

How? we only slept 7 at most 

• Upvote 2

On 7/9/2019 at 3:21 PM, Christopher Walker said:

Third floor represent! @Tyler Maryak and I were both in this hall at the same time.
2009 - 2010 : Mozart Square
2010 - 2011 : City Parc off Fry St. (a good situation in what turns out to be a terrible place)
2012 - present : a nice little home around Denton HS

My kids... @Tyler Maryak @Christopher Walker I am so proud of the way you two have grown up from just wee lads. #prouddad

• Haha 3
  • Ray 1

3 hours ago, Jason Howeth said:

They renovated at a huge cost, and even added bedrooms upstairs. If you remember, there were no stairs when we occupied the house.

I've gotta see this in person. 

• Upvote 1

I lived mostly on Fry Street to the dismay of my poor parents. 

I only lived in Denton one year. Lived with some buddies closer to Dallas and commuted for the last 3 (one of many horrible ideas, circa my early twenties).  I had a few lost loves that I stayed with frequently at Woodhill and another misc apartment building by TWU.  The apartments are still there... The women are long gone. 😂

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

4 minutes ago, Pavlovs Eagle said:

I lived mostly on Fry Street to the dismay of my poor parents. 

I only lived in Denton one year. Lived with some buddies closer to Dallas and commuted for the last 3 (one of many horrible ideas, circa my early twenties).  I had a few lost loves that I stayed with frequently at Woodhill and another misc apartment building by TWU.  The apartments are still there... The women are long gone. 😂

Good to see someone else enjoyed their college experience as much as I did 👍

• Upvote 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 2
  • Eye Roll 1

Kerr Hall as a Freshman.

Apartment just off campus as a Soph.

RA in Bruce Hall my junior, senior and 1st half of my victory lap.

Apartment in Lewisville (closer to work) for the 2nd semester of said victory lap.

Best experience by far was in Bruce Hall.  I was similar to NM Green---token business guy in a wild and crazy environment.  

• Upvote 1

1967-70, Bonanza Apartments, University City and a dilapidated old house that would now be in the middle of the campus. 

The best was a great apartment in concrete city that had the only lawn around.   Continuous battles with dog owners that thought it was the perfect place for their pet's deposits.  

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Venson said:

My time was way different than everyone else. I grew up in Denton so I lived at home with my parents until the second semester of my sophomore year. Then I moved to Windsor Village near Strickland Jr High now middle school. Woke up at the end of my sophomore year and decided to join the Army. Was planning on doing 3 or 4 years in the Army and coming back to UNT. Was enjoying it too much and 3 years turned into 23 years. Retired and decided I had unfinished business at UNT. The wife and I settled in Little Elm and I commuted to finish my Jr and Sr year. So, I must have had the longest break ever from Freshman to graduate. LOL

...and your degree is in?

• Lovely Take 1