Where did you stay in your time at UNT?

Harry

Freshman - West Hall #521 or #512 (overlooked the dumpsters outside the cafeteria).  3 in the room the first semester, 2 the second. 

Sophomore and Junior year - Skulls house on Scripture.  

Senior year - house on Fry Street a block from campus. 

Grad school - house north of town somewhere then apartment (Sunburst II or something like that) off Dallas Drive. 

• Upvote 1

Year 1: Ridgecrest Apartments on Dallas Dr. w/2 roommates

Year 2: Mozart Square (1st year it was built!)

Year 3: Some apartment closer to Bell.  All I remember is we called it CC and we could walk across the street to a gas station that had a 30 pack of ‘stones for ~ $9.

Year 4: Back to Ridgecrest with 1 roommate

• Upvote 1

*Jester Hall , 1.5 years on the dark side in Austin

*Semi-enlightened with the transfer to NTSU, Crumley Hall with two of the most bizarre roomies over two semesters

*The IOOF cemetery hugging Gazebo apartments (photo attached), with the best roommate ever, Eric Gay, now AP bureau photographer covering South Texas and the world, on request. Met that guy while beer-tending at the RBL. Later he met his future wife -and introduced me to her roommate, my future wife. Collectively, we have been married 64 years and have four kids. One is as passionate of a Mean Green fan as I.

A10702B6-4DCF-43D7-A1BC-681B6BB92325.jpeg

• Upvote 5

LaColina Apartments on Teasley @ I35

Then I lived in a house down the road a bit from the TWU golf course.  There were (and maybe still are) train tracks about 75 yards from my bedroom window so the first night there I was awakened by what I was sure was a train derailing and coming through my bedroom😁  

Edited by NT93
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

Eagle Ridge apartments freshman year (location is now a parking lot on Ave E),  then an apartment on Margie Street, then Ramsgate and last semester lived with my grandmother in her house to save money (I had already been with my girlfriend, now wife, for two years so it didn’t hurt my game 😂)

• Upvote 2

Freshman year : Lived at 315 Sycamore. Was simply known at the time as "the purple house". Last time I drove by it was a home business called Juliettes Jewels. She let me walk around and reminisce for a bit.. Great memories there.

Next place was WestWind apartments over near Sam Bass and 35, nothing special beyond launching eggs off he balconies.

The rest of time was in a small ranch house off Teasley Ln. I believe it was called Sundown Ranch. Fond memories of blowing up those giant Sysco supply cans of Nacho cheese,  and ranch style beans.

Edited by ShiftyFive
grammar
  • Upvote 2

Clark Hall freshman year then some condo with 3 guys - we paid 100 each to live in this two story dive behind west hall. It was shady lady territory back then. They were art and film majors so the pad was eclectic. I was the business man with the fun friends.  Then Londonderry oaks on Teasley. Denton rocks! 

GMG

• Lovely Take 1

Two years in West Dorm when it was bright, shiny, new, and a long walk to the rest of the NTSC campus.   A while at some apartments called University City then the Phi Kap house on Scripture Street.   I then got married and we lived in some less expensive (some would say "cheap") apartments throughout Denton.   Our first was on Welch Street in a place that should have been condemned and demolished years before we lived there.   Once the new Mrs. Huff saw the size of the cockroaches there she "strongly suggested" that we find another place ASAP.   No Roach did not touch those things and I am not sure that napalm would have done the trick, either. 

Mrs. Huff had lived in Marquis Hall prior to our marriage and I suspect she tried to work a deal to go back there after she saw the size of those cockroaches.   Fortunately (for me) that was not an option. 

• Upvote 4

West Hall Room 633 from Fall of 2004 -Winter Break of 2005 (we had 3 guys in that room our first semester, one ended up being one of my best friends to this day, the other didn't finish the semester because he went to jail.)

Victory Hall as an RA until the Summer of 2007

Crumley Hall in the Summer of 2007 as an RA (it was Female only during the academic year, but switched to Co-Ed in the summers)

For my senior year , I moved back in with my freshman year roommate at the Timberlinks apartments. Which was great/cheap, I think rent must have been around $250 for me in 2008... pretty wild.

I miss West Hall the most, definitely had the most fun times in my life there.

• Upvote 1

Kerr Hall, A Tower 7th floor freshman year in the RTVF Community. This was the year someone tried to make s'mores a few floors down, set the alarms off, and kicked everyone out for the night.

The Ridge sophomore year because they were the cheapest student apartments I could find. I signed up to be assigned random roommates but I actually was paired with my roommate from orientation ironically, and we became better friends.

Providence Place off of 288 junior year and Fall 2017 when I graduated.

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, THOR said:

First 2 years in west hall

La colina

Woodhill

I was also at Woodhill.  There was a fire and I smelled like a smokestack for a semester.  They were older but pretty nice and had a good pool.  Pace’s Crossing was the top one back in the day cause they were new.