Where did you stay in your time at UNT?

Harry

Dorm, apartment, house, commute etc

and what vicinity etc?  on campus / off campus, concrete city, by the mall etc...

I'm interested to see how many more are staying on campus as opposed to off these days.  thx and GMG!

Freshman year:  Clark Hall - Incredible experience.  One of the best years of my life.  The system-generated roomate assignment wound up producing one of the best friends I have to this day.

Soph-Jr years: Apple Tree Apartments (now called "the vibe") 1610 E McKinney St.  Pretty far away from campus, but it was just me & 1 other roomate, so we had to keep costs down, and these did just that.

Sr year & Sr year#2: 1109 Neff St.  This was a house I shared with 5 other dudes that are still some of my best friends to this day.  It was bulldozed shortly after we moved out & is now a small apartment complex.  GREAT location.

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1

2009 - 2010: Mozart Square (pretty nice. much better than the barracks at the military academy prep school I transferred from)

2010 - 2011: Student apartments off of Bonnie Brae. honestly can't remember what they were called then.

2011 - 2012: Tiny apartment (500 sq ft +/-) off of Oak now called "The Renaissance"

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

Went to NCTC Freshman year and stayed at my folks place saving money

Sophmore year (first year at UNT)- The University Place apartments, right next to where R Bar was on Bernard street. There was a bar called Club Rio in that same parking lot and somebody got stabbed and killed out in the parking lot one night. Denton County Sheriffs kicked in the door next to mine on a drug bust. Was not a great place to live.. I drove by it last weekend and the apartment buildings are still standing there and nothings changed. Lol

Junior/Senior year- Lived in a duplex with a buddy and fellow UNT student, behind the old Kroger on University where Locust and Windsor streets intersect. I loved that duplex! probably the best rental place I have ever lived in all honesty. Very peaceful and in a sleepy neighborhood. Probably a 10 minute drive to campus. 

• Upvote 3

First two before I started to bounce all over the place. Could never afford to live on campus:
1st- Apartments on Bonnie Brae around West Prairie. Don't remember the name. They were brand new in 1962
2nd -Little one-room efficiency where Louise St. is but I don't think it was named Louise St. then?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Tyler Maryak said:

2009 - 2010: Mozart Square (pretty nice. much better than the barracks at the military academy prep school I transferred from)

Third floor represent! @Tyler Maryak and I were both in this hall at the same time.
2009 - 2010 : Mozart Square
2010 - 2011 : City Parc off Fry St. (a good situation in what turns out to be a terrible place)
2012 - present : a nice little home around Denton HS

• Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1

Graduated 1989....McConnell Hall for a couple years....Last year or so, moved to a 2 bedroom apartment @ 311 Jagoe Street, walking distance North of Campus.    Fully Furnished, $360 month, all bills paid, so $180 for each for me and my roommate.   And I remember that monthly payment just killing me - lol...

Somebody find me a time machine, I wanna go back...

• Upvote 2