Super Pit Court Design Vote

ipd054

Super Pit Court Design Vote  

95 members have voted

1. 1. Super Pit Court Design Vote

• #LightTheTower
    • #BattleFlag
    • #DivingEagle

So when did the SOW become the diving eagle?  Is it only considered the SOW on football helmets?

On topic:  I prefer either of the mock-ups by the two members here over any of the three actual choices (which I like).  Great job guys!

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 4

38 minutes ago, NT93 said:

So when did the SOW become the diving eagle?  Is it only considered the SOW on football helmets?

LOL - That's too funny.  I'm imagining our marketing gurus pitching products emblazoned with "the Son of Worm" on them.  "Diving Eagle" is what the university has officially called it for at least several years now.

Of course, we're going to keep calling it SOW anyway.

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, NT93 said:

On topic:  I prefer either of the mock-ups by the two members here over any of the three actual choices (which I like).  Great job guys!

I thought "SOW" was a GMG.com thing.   
I don't think I've ever heard anyone from the Athletic Department (RV's tenure, or WB's tenure) call that logo the "SOW", or "Son Of Worm".

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, NT93 said:

Yeah that's just you buddy. Son of Worm refers to the previous logo, and considering brands don't like to host many Throw Back Thursdays, they're not going to reference an old, outdated logo. 

Granted, I think the old logo is legit as a throwback, but nobody asked me.

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

I thought "SOW" was a GMG.com thing.   
I don't think I've ever heard anyone from the Athletic Department (RV's tenure, or WB's tenure) call that logo the "SOW", or "Son Of Worm".

I guess this was more my point.  I knew SOW wasn't the "official" name for the logo, but it's all I've ever seen it called here on GMG.com.  I guess I never consider that the logo had an official name.😁

I appreciate the replies.  Guess I've learned a little something. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Aquila_Viridis said:

I wish they had not put such a cruddy looking floor with the eagle. They should put a smaller eagle in place of 'North Texas' on the one with the building.

Yes, i agree. The tower floor is clean.  the Texas outline and diving eagle look great.