DRC (updated with designs): Super Pit floor to have new look next season

Pretty obvious this is rigged for the Diving Eagle to win. It's by far the cleanest and most professional design. If this was an actual fan vote we would have been given 3 good looking designs. Instead we have the gimmicky battle flag, and the poorly designed lighted tower as the only competition. 

• Upvote 5
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 3

Battle flag and no contest.  The Ad building is boring and the diving eagle is similar to a lot of arenas' floor design including NT's current mid-court.   See UT and TSSM among many others that feature the mascot over the state map.  

Edited by GrandGreen
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

2 minutes ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

Pretty obvious this is rigged for the Diving Eagle to win. It's by far the cleanest and most professional design. If this was an actual fan vote we would have been given 3 good looking designs. Instead we have the gimmicky battle flag, and the poorly designed lighted tower as the only competition. 

Agree 100%.  I noticed it (the image) looks cleaner but also brighter... I would be shocked if it did not win. 

8 minutes ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

Fan voting is to get interest, the design has probably already been decided.  

I was hoping for more than a floor design out of the big announcement.  

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, meangreenlax said:

No. But I’m willing to bet 50 percent of UNT students have no idea what that is

@Moobs is right.  Let's just call it a light saber.

WOuld love to see what the lighted tower looks like with the textured flooring and darker greens you see from the flying eagle, but oh well...

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Green Crazy said:

Image result for texas tech 2019 basketball court

Image result for erwin center court

Image result for a & m basketball court

i agree with some that the diving eagle was put up against other designs to win and i voted for it, but it's very unoriginal.

The SOW is a boring and predictable choice that does nothing to help our branding. Copying UT, and others is lame.

They need to make a splash, and go with the battle flag.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 5

46 minutes ago, meangreenlax said:

The SOW is a boring and predictable choice that does nothing to help our branding. Copying UT, and others is lame.

They need to make a splash, and go with the battle flag.

I agree with you to an extent.  Sow is boring, but the flag would be like the boise st./eastern Washington of basketball.  And the admin building looks like a rorshach test.

honestly, i want three more options.

Edited by Green Crazy
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1