What's the Big Suprise Announcement Coming Monday?

KRAM1

OK, sure, I could just wait until Monday, but who wants to wait when it involves the Mean Green?  Both Jalie Mitchell and Grant McCasland have been on Facebook and Twitter hinting at a big announcement coning Monday.  Anyone have any inside scoop they want to leak to those of us not wanting to wait?

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

7 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

I noticed today that the north side of the Pit’s metal roof has some different material over the rusted patina. Not sure what is going on there. 

The change to the roof had already been announced:

https://www.gomeangreen.com/forums/topic/135449-super-pit-to-undergo-major-change/

• Thanks 1

A wild guess - naming rights?

If so, then not-yet-planned major improvements because of that money?

Edited by Stix
  • Upvote 2

After the recent upgrades that were made to the concourse area, I'm trying to go over possible areas that might be upgraded.

• Scoreboards on either end of the arena could definitely be changed out. It would be awesome to see an LED ribbon added as well.
  • Wren has discussed the desire to add more Loge box seats in the SP.
  • New playing surface?
  • The guts/underside of the SP needs a desperate update.

There could be other things as well that don't have much fan/spectator visibility.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, UNTFan23 said:

After the recent upgrades that were made to the concourse area, I'm trying to go over possible areas that might be upgraded.

• Scoreboards on either end of the arena could definitely be changed out. It would be awesome to see an LED ribbon added as well.
  • Wren has discussed the desire to add more Loge box seats in the SP.
  • New playing surface?
  • The guts/underside of the SP needs a desperate update.

There could be other things as well that don't have much fan/spectator visibility.

New playing surface it is! Be sure to go vote for your favorite.

Edited by UNTFan23
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Matt from A700 said:

I love the battle flag, but not sure how I feel about it as the court design. I chose the Light The Tower design.

100% agree... the battle flag looks good on a cornhole board, not a basketball court. 

Give me Light the Tower.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Battle flag all the way. It’ll be very popular on social media, and we’ll be the first Texas school to incorporate the flag into the court design. If you want attention from Texans, put the flag on it. It’s pandering, but it’ll get a lot of attention.

Light the tower is a cool tradition, but every single school has a building that looks almost identical to McConnell. It’s not that special. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3