UNT #3 in the state

And then there's this from the same article-

"Georgia is picked to win the SEC East followed by Florida, Kentucky, Missouri, South Carolina, Tennessee and Vanderbilt.

Texas Football picks Texas to finish second in the Big 12 behind Oklahoma with Iowa State third followed by Baylor, TCU, Oklahoma State, West Virginia, Texas Tech, Kansas State and Kansas.

Nicholls State is picked to repeat in the Southland Conference followed by Sam Houston State, Central Arkansas, Incarnate Word, Lamar, Southeastern Louisiana, Abilene Christian, Northwestern State, McNeese State, Stephen F. Austin and Houston Baptist."

Who's picked to win Conference USA?  Oh, CUSA is not mentioned.   I don't have a copy of DC Texas Football, so maybe a CUSA pick is mentioned somewhere.

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 2

11 hours ago, southsideguy said:

Texas Tech below SMUT?   Maybe I have lost track of Tech but are they bad now?

They are bad, but last year was a mixed bag. Lost their quarterback to a rib injury and their back-ups were atrocious and lost them winnable games. Their defense actually kept their horrible offense in games which is saying a lot if you know the history of Tech football as an air raid team that never has a defense. That being said, no way I would put SMUT over them. 

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

They are bad, but last year was a mixed bag. Lost their quarterback to a rib injury and their back-ups were atrocious and lost them winnable games. Their defense actually kept their horrible offense in games which is saying a lot if you know the history of Tech football as an air raid team that never has a defense. That being said, no way I would put SMUT over them. 

SMU is bringing in a LOT of p5 transfers similar to Houston.  They will have the Texas QB Shane Buchele and other p5 talent at key positions.  This is a completely different team compared to what we played last season.  Last season they were breaking in a new coach and a new system.