Pick 2

emmitt01

Pick 2  

123 members have voted

1. 1. If you had to pick a pair of OOC games to win, which of these would you choose?

• SMU and Cal
    • SMU and Houston
    • Cal and Houston

This one was tough to answer because I would love to see us go 3-0 against them.

A Win against SMU is pivotal just for bragging rights and DFW recruiting so thats a no brainer.

Picking between Houston and Cal was much harder because beating Houston would give us way more recruiting power in the State of Texas and it's a huge boost for home attendance for the rest of the year but beating Cal is a nice feather in the cap for knocking off two big conference teams two years in a row and I am going to be attending the game so it would be nice to see em win.

I went with SMU & Cal but the more I think about it and talk it out, I'd like to change my answer to SMU and Houston.

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, meaniegreenie said:

UH is a home game.  Gotta choose to win that one.

So now it's between 2 away games of Cal/Smut. 

If Cal is ranked in the top 25, then that's an easy choice. 

If not, then beat Smut any time.

God I would hate to lose to SMUT but a Top25 win would ease that pain considerably. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

I looked at this as, "who could we lose to, and still look really good?" For that answer, I think the world sees UofH as the better program over Cal. 

If you picked Cal and Houston, your problem is that you're saying you prefer people look at a loss to an inferior SMU team. If you win at Cal, that's a huge win on a national stage. If you win at U of H, it's a nice win, but not a P5 win. I'll take SMU so we don't look bad, and Cal for the P5 win and lose to U of H, which is a better team than the other two, and would still be looked at as a hard-fought G5-matchup.

• Upvote 2

Well..for me it's easy, SMU and Houston. I would like to win them all but if you've been reading  all the post on GMG about the AAC and MWC on here then beating the two Texas AAC teams would be huge. Especially here in Texas.

23 minutes ago, drex said:

Will this be the year we finally sell out Apogee?  

Man it totally depends on how we fare leading into the Houston game.

We will have a decent crowd for ACU.  The UTSA game (wk 3) could be really good if we beat ACU and Smu in Big D.  We also have Cal on the road which could be a toughie.  We could be 4-0 or 1-3...

Houston has OU (likely loss), Prairie View (sure win), The Pirate at Advocare in Houston (tough game) and Tulane on the road (could be tough!) prior to coming to Denton.  Same deal for Cougars they could be 1-3 or 4-0.

If we are both 3-1 and we have a loss to Cal and they OU we could still have a nice crowd for the game.  Perhaps a sell out or close.

If we are both 4-0 that game is a sell out!

Houston game is as good a chance as we have had but a lot of it will depend on how big a crowd Houston brings.

1 hour ago, greenminer said:

I pick Houston and Cal as go-to wins, and a SMU win-by-chance-too.  An OOC hat trick, if you will.

The problem is that if we lose to SMUt that could drive down attendance for UH. 

• Upvote 1