Pick 2

emmitt01

Pick 2  

123 members have voted

1. 1. If you had to pick a pair of OOC games to win, which of these would you choose?

• SMU and Cal
    • SMU and Houston
    • Cal and Houston

It’s funny but in a way we play a partial AAC schedule this year with SMU and Houston...

that makes 5 Texas teams, 6 if you count ACU.  That’s a pretty damn nice schedule.  Think about when we were in the Belt and had not one conference team in the state.

SMU and Houston. We directly compete with them for recruits. Cal would give us some street cred, but would that play better with recruits?  Our win vs Arkansas made a national splash because of the return. I don’t know. For me, it’s “let’s win Texas!”

• Upvote 6

3 hours ago, p_phelps said:

I went cal and houston. Nobody cares about SMU really. Winning at Cal and beating houston would be much more of a statement.

Speak for yourself, two of my best friends went to SMUT and I had a really good time rubbing it in their faces last year.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 4

8 hours ago, Felozano said:

SMU and Houston. We directly compete with them for recruits. Cal would give us some street cred, but would that play better with recruits?  Our win vs Arkansas made a national splash because of the return. I don’t know. For me, it’s “let’s win Texas!”

This

• Upvote 3

All three are going to be absolute shoot-outs with the offenses each team fields.  Granted dirty schmoo has some work to do to get to where Dykes' teams usually are.

I picked schmoo and Houston.  If only to make a statement against the AAC and our fellow in-staters.  Cal is a weird place to play a game and a loss that far out west could more easily be forgiven (so long as we don't pull the crap we did against Utah St and get blown out).

• Upvote 1

I would choose UH and SMU for several reasons. 

- SMU should lose every time they take the field.  I honestly hope for them to lose their Spring game each year.  

- A win over Cal and a loss to either of the AAC teams cheapens the Cal win to me.  It's easy for people to say, "North Texas beat a P5 team, but they're still not better than (insert SMU or Houston)"  

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, GreenTexan13 said:

What better way too get the AAC's attention, then to bet SMU and UH this season!

This would be a nice statement for sure... Show that we can hang.  UH will be the biggest non conference game for Seth and co for sure. That will be a statement win for the program to win that one at home.

• Upvote 4

I went with SMU and Houston - that will bring the most eyes to the program locally..  But I want to finish Non-Conference 4-0...   I want to send Mason and these Seniors out with the most amazing season, which includes multiple sellouts of Apogee.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

The Houston and SMU games are the biggest games of the year and of Littrell's tenure here. Houston is the mid-major top dog in Texas, and we've never beaten SMU in back to back seasons. 

Attendance, Recruiting, and our confidence headed into conference play will be primarily based on the outcome of these two games.

To me, this is literally the season. 

#WinTexas #GoMeanGreen 

• Upvote 4
  • Lovely Take 1

1 hour ago, MrStrange18 said:

This would be a nice statement for sure... Show that we can hang.  UH will be the biggest non conference game for Seth and co for sure. That will be a statement win for the program to win that one at home.

Exactly. I expect the Houston game to be our first ever sell out at Apogee. Winning in front of a sell out crowd would be a milestone for our program. 

• Upvote 3