Commit Kade Renfro drawing P5 interest

bdan2002

You know I think this young man is in a really tough situation. It's hard not to be flattered when some these big name schools are looking at you. But also in the back your mind you have to know that if you go to one of the schools as their "fallback" there's a good chance they will sign a 4 or 5 star player if not in the same class in the next class. If you look around a lot of the big name programs have underclassman constantly starting at the QB position. I would bet a lot of "fallbacks" end up transferring. 

• Upvote 1

One sentiment I have never understood on this forum is that when a commit or player we are after gets a P5 offer or commits to a P5 school it's that said player will ride the bench for 4 years when he is a sure fire starter here. We have 15 solid FBS level players committed before July, we used to fill out the bulk of our classes with borderline players in January after about 105 schools had mostly finished recruiting that cycle.

Kade is a high level player who will be tough to hold on to. It wouldn't surprise me if we had multiple decommits this year, both because we're recruiting a higher level of player and other coaches are well aware of our staffs ability to evaluate talent. Hopefully he ends up here, but if he goes to a P5 school I bet he will play and not get buried in the depth chart which a lot of people think is a given for some reason.

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

• 3 years later...

Given the whole Matt Ariza (I think that is his name) situation being fake, I am trying to be slow to judgement.

However, this is not a good look at all for the boy.  And if it was covered up, there needs to be quite a few openings at those schools as admin gets kicked to the curb.

Potentially 13 girls at Ole Miss?

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, helix said:

Given the whole Matt Ariza (I think that is his name) situation being fake, I am trying to be slow to judgement.

However, this is not a good look at all for the boy.  And if it was covered up, there needs to be quite a few openings at those schools as admin gets kicked to the curb.

Potentially 13 girls at Ole Miss?

I agree. I would never condone any of this nor defend someone that has supposedly done these things but some of this is difficult to believe in this day and age. Why would these universities and administrations cover any of this up?

On the flip side, why would these girls make something like this up, them and their parents agree to be bought off and silenced so he is allowed to continue on and why would his parents not seek out help for him instead of repeating the same thing over and over to the tune of 13 times?

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

I agree. I would never condone any of this nor defend someone that has supposedly done these things but some of this is difficult to believe in this day and age. Why would these universities and administrations cover any of this up?

On the flip side, why would these girls make something like this up, them and their parents agree to be bought off and silenced so he is allowed to continue on and why would his parents not seek out help for him instead of repeating the same thing over and over to the tune of 13 times?

Excellent points. Further, why would none have gone to the police? None?!

10 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

and their parents agree to be bought off and silenced so he is allowed to continue on 

I imagine these NDAs have verbiage that says in effect, "let's keep this under wraps and we will address Renfro's behavior."

I cannot imagine any person in their right mind agreeing to some NDA that allows the abusive behavior to continue.